Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
lolsgame wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 6:13 pm
Last samurai, Man of steel, Blade runner?
Blade Runner was mostly Benjamin W. if I recall correctly.

lolsgame wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 6:16 pm
I'm gonna need some recommendations of Ludwig tracks that fit into the Nolanverse because right now i can't hear it.

Hope he can surprise me.
Id try Venom, some tracks have a bit of a Inception vibe.

Bacon wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 7:38 pm
lolsgame wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 6:13 pm
Last samurai, Man of steel, Blade runner?
Blade Runner was mostly Benjamin W. if I recall correctly.
source tho

I feel like I wrote a post about it here somewhere.

Basically, editor Joe Walker (who is a friend of Hans' and someone who he collaborated with before) and Denis Villeneuve asked to get Hans to score the film but Hans had a tour going on. He then agreed to do it if they bring in Ben and then they all watched a cut of the movie and they immediately started writing themes. I think Hans wrote the theme heard in the track "Mesa". Benjamin wrote the piano theme at the beginning of the movie and the 4 note "horse theme", which is in "2049", "Sapper's Tree", "Someone Lived This", "Sea Wall", etc... The theme is all over the score and is considered the film's main theme.

Hans then had to leave the studio to go on tour. Maybe worked on it while on tour. And then he came back to work on it, on his 10-day break from tour. Also, although "Sea Wall" uses Ben's theme, it was going to be a faster, action cue which apparently didn't work, so it was Hans' idea to stretch it out and have it play like it did in the movie.

Source: http://youtu.be/DXMfm0jU2K0?t=761

Planet Earth 2, Blue Planet, Rush, Sherlock Holmes, The DaVinci Code/Angels&Demons.

I don't get this "Zimmer only does well with Nolan" stuff. He puts out a great score almost every single year. It's just that he does a lot of films, so some of them are going to be not so great.

And I'll say it again. His Man of Steel score is a god damn masterpiece

Sanchez wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 10:44 am
And I'll say it again. His Man of Steel score is a god damn masterpiece
Agreed.
The Dark Knight Trilogy stuff is less superhero-like, more Nolan style, but Superhero music peaked with MOS. The greatest superhero score I’ve ever heard. So epic. Play me “Flight” after a 15 minutes straight workout and I could go on until the end of the song.

I think Zimmer is at his best with Nolan. It's the only time he's not too "Zimmery."

His non-Nolan scores aren't bad... I just always know what I'm getting.

Angus wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 2:43 pm
I think Zimmer is at his best with Nolan. It's the only time he's not too "Zimmery."

His non-Nolan scores aren't bad... I just always know what I'm getting.
You haven't heard enough Zimmer scores then.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 7:55 am
I feel like I wrote a post about it here somewhere.

Basically, editor Joe Walker (who is a friend of Hans' and someone who he collaborated with before) and Denis Villeneuve asked to get Hans to score the film but Hans had a tour going on. He then agreed to do it if they bring in Ben and then they all watched a cut of the movie and they immediately started writing themes. I think Hans wrote the theme heard in the track "Mesa". Benjamin wrote the piano theme at the beginning of the movie and the 4 note "horse theme", which is in "2049", "Sapper's Tree", "Someone Lived This", "Sea Wall", etc... The theme is all over the score and is considered the film's main theme.

Hans then had to leave the studio to go on tour. Maybe worked on it while on tour. And then he came back to work on it, on his 10-day break from tour. Also, although "Sea Wall" uses Ben's theme, it was going to be a faster, action cue which apparently didn't work, so it was Hans' idea to stretch it out and have it play like it did in the movie.

Source: http://youtu.be/DXMfm0jU2K0?t=761
Still sounds a lot like a collaboration, which it was, then otherwise. It's great work and I wouldn't mind it at all if Zimmer brings Wallfisch on Dune either.

Btw, Zimmer's Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy work is divine, too. I love it so much.

Nomis wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 2:53 pm
Still sounds a lot like a collaboration, which it was, then otherwise. It's great work and I wouldn't mind it at all if Zimmer brings Wallfisch on Dune either.
It is, but to be fair to Wallfisch, he did do the bulk of the work while Hans was on tour and Hans himself said he worked as a producer at times. Wallfisch is extremely talented. Love his work on BR2049, Serenity, It, BvS, Dunkirk and The Cure For Wellness (although I’ve only listened to one track but it’s just too good.

But Dune will be 100% Zimmer, which is very exciting. He’s so passionate about the project so it’ll be extra special.