Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I tried so hard to act like I’m excited for this movie but I’m just not... Zimmer was 50% of Nolan’s films. I listen to the soundtracks on a daily basis, it’s like reliving your favorite parts of these masterpieces every day.

I hope the next film won’t come later than 2023, and that Zimmer will do it, even though I doubt it at this point

lmao ok

dvir971 wrote:
July 26th, 2019, 6:10 pm
I tried so hard to act like I’m excited for this movie but I’m just not... Zimmer was 50% of Nolan’s films. I listen to the soundtracks on a daily basis, it’s like reliving your favorite parts of these masterpieces every day.

I hope the next film won’t come later than 2023, and that Zimmer will do it, even though I doubt it at this point
I sympathize with this to an extent. The soundtrack is the best part of Interstellar. But I also am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Nolan that he can nurture some good work from Ludwig. I don't particularly like Hans Zimmer outside of Nolan's filmography.

Geoffrey wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 12:22 am
dvir971 wrote:
July 26th, 2019, 6:10 pm

(...) I don't particularly like Hans Zimmer outside of Nolan's filmography.
Me too.

Zimmer is fantastic, also without Nolan. They do make a fantastic collab

Lion King, Pirates, The Firm, Crimson Tide are all top notch scores outside of Nolan for Zimmer.

Gladiator, The Thin Red Line and Nolans movies.

Only.

Last samurai, Man of steel, Blade runner?

I'm gonna need some recommendations of Ludwig tracks that fit into the Nolanverse because right now i can't hear it.

Hope he can surprise me.

lolsgame wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 6:16 pm
I'm gonna need some recommendations of Ludwig tracks that fit into the Nolanverse because right now i can't hear it.

Hope he can surprise me.
Someone mentioned the Death Wish soundtrack, which is reminiscent of much of the music Nolan seems to like. It's not very good though. Nothing memorable about.