Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Thread for Nolan's untitled 2020 event film soundtrack. Zimmer is usually brought on board very early on in the process. I think even as one of the first of the crew, to give him plenty of time to work on the soundtrack to be.
I hope he'll collaborate with Wallfisch again as he did on Dunkirk and 2049. They're quite a good duo.

Zimmer is almost a guarantee at this point. Which is great. But yeah, wouldn't mind getting Wallfisch as well.

Zimmer has been a bit subdued/disappointing in recent years. His work for Nolan is head and shoulders above any other output he has done on his own in recent years. I suspect he will do this film and produce something special again but I can't help but think he is falling behind some of the new talent in the industry.

I don't at all understand the narrative that Zimmer isn't doing well anymore. He's had the best decade of his career, and just his past four years has been absolutely world class.

Inception, Man of Steel, Interstellar, Planet Earth 2, Dunkirk, BR2049, Blue Planet 2 are all (close to, if not) masterpieces in my book. Not counting movies which still features some great tracks like TDKR, Kung-Fu Panda 2, Rush, TASM2, Hidden Figures, Widows and even BvS.

As great as this collaboration has been for so many years, I would be interested in a change of pace. John Williams scoring a Chris Nolan film would be something special.

I don't see Nolan collaborating with anyone other than Zimmer at this point.If he seems like he's not in the scene at the moment it's probably by choice. When he decided to take a break from CBMs, he said he wanted to work on films of any size that he's interested in and then he went on tour and we got Dunkirk and BR2049 which to me are two of his best scores or at least my personal favorite for anyone who disagrees :D

He's got The Lion King, WW84 and Dark Phoenix coming next which will probably be huge.

I know it's not confirmed officially yet but I think he's definitely on board. He always collaborates with others because writing hours and hours of music is not an easy task and would take forever if he would do it alone, and he generally likes to collaborate and share ideas but I think the main themes and music will be by him meaning: "Music by Hans Zimmer" not "Hans Zimmer & *_____*".

Very excited to know what's the next challenge. What's the next Shepard tone/Rissett Rhythm?

Hurwitz would be a pretty exciting choice for Nolan to work with too imo

However yeah, I think Zimmer is a no brainer

LelekPL wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 9:55 am
As great as this collaboration has been for so many years, I would be interested in a change of pace. John Williams scoring a Chris Nolan film would be something special.
Williams could be a great choice for the Hughes film imo. But if this is your regular Nolan-blockbuster there is no one else than Zimmer for me.

Why nobody mentioning Lorne Balfe?

I was going to but I just don't want to think about a replacement for Zimmer at the moment. Zimmer and Nolan bring the best out of each other in a way.

But yeah if the day comes where someone has to take Zimmer's place. Balfe is the one from RCP. Hurwitz would be an interesting choice tho.

Lorne's Fallout score is just magnificent. (Love his LEGO Batman score too).