Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ace
Interview from a few weeks back.
I think it was first posted in the speculation thread but couldn’t find.
Q:Will you work with Nolan again on a long-feature?

HZ:God knows! I mean I spoke to Chris a few months ago and I asked: "How is it going?" And he said "I’m sitting in front of a white piece of paper" so... [laughs] I understand that.

Q: Can you tell us what you’re working on at the moment?

HZ:I’m working on a movie right now, I’m not telling you the name of it, but I just looked on my Ipad where I keep all of my ideas etc, and I’ve got over seven hours of music, just for this one movie. And we will use something like two hours. And the rest will all be thrown away. But it’s ok. It’s all part of the process.
Chances are he was referring to Dune with the movie he wouldn’t name(This was before he was announced).

https://www.konbini.com/en/cinema/long- ... ans-zimmer

- Lorne Balfe
- Ramin Djawadi
- David Julyan
- James Newton Howard
- Tom Holkenborg
- Benjamin Wallfisch

All excellent choices if Zimmer can't return, and they've all worked on Nolan projects before.

Heck, a combination of two of these guys would be even cooler, considering Zimmer and Howard teamed up for BB and TDK. It's possible.
Last edited by Angus on April 10th, 2019, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think JNH wants to return though

Could probably add Wallfisch to that list.

I have this fantasy : a Nolan/Greenwood collaboration. (he's an old friend of PTA and admire his work, including Phantom Thread recently).

I think JNH would be willing to return if he was on his own.

Which, JNH doing solo stuff is always amazing. So that's always welcome.

TeddyBlass wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 11:20 am
Ramin and Lorne have both written for Nolan films before, so they’re interesting safeties. I just can’t imagine Zimmer prioritizing another film or director over Nolan. So if Zimmer isn’t back, I would argue it’s because the Zimmer sound isn’t appropriate, and Nolan isnt going to hire one of his protégés.
Does seem like it would be a slap in the face. Probably would need to be someone on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Although, I feel like Nolan would push Zimmer out of his comfort zone anyway. That is kind of their thing.

By the way, there is a possibility that Zimmer might still be involved even if he's unable to do it himself due to his busy schedule. He could collaborate with someone from his team. Lorne Balfe, Benjamin Wallfisch, etc... and make it officially a co-composer kind of thing.

He made BR2049 with Wallfisch while he was on tour. Wallfisch did the bulk of the score while Zimmer worked on it as much as he could and supervised the whole thing.

One more thing... I don't think this would be a "divorce" of some sort :lol: Nolan might not have approached Zimmer soon enough and he has obligations towards the studios and directors. It's not like he chose to work on those movies over Chris'. And what with the "Zimmer's style might not be appropriate". He's a legend and can write anything at this point.

Zimmer is in, even if he doesn't know it yet. :lol:

Nolan needs to plant the idea in Zimmer's mind that he is returning.