Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Collector03601 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:36 am
Chapter 6 score is fire! This track especially (listening to it gives me a big yes for a Nolan film vibe):

Interesting is what I can say. Not completely inspiring me yet but let’s see what he has in store for Tenet cause the guy has talent definitely.

Hildur Guðnadóttir really inspired me with her score for The Joker. I wonder how well she would fit in a Nolan film if it ever were to happen that is.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 10:18 am
Collector03601 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:36 am
Chapter 6 score is fire! This track especially (listening to it gives me a big yes for a Nolan film vibe):

Interesting is what I can say. Not completely inspiring me yet but let’s see what he has in store for Tenet cause the guy has talent definitely.

Hildur Guðnadóttir really inspired me with her score for The Joker. I wonder how well she would fit in a Nolan film if it ever were to happen that is.
it seems to me that Nolan is choosing his composers on the basis of his percusiveness, Hildur seems more of a "David julyan", wich its of a style Chris has moved on from, i think.

I feel like Nolan chose Ludwig based on his ability to blend orchestra and electronics, just like Zimmer.

I think the way he incorporates ethnic drums snd rhythms into his music might be a key factor, given the teaser - if the music is his.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 4:25 pm
I think the way he incorporates ethnic drums snd rhythms into his music might be a key factor, given the teaser - if the music is his.
If he didn't compose this, shouldn't we already know this?

poplar wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 7:58 pm
Not necessarily. Sometimes trailers use already existing music which can be detected but sometimes the trailer houses use original music for trailers and those tracks remain unreleased and cannot be detected. An example of that would be the first trailer of Dunkirk (it used a combo of both actually). The teaser was Zimmer of course.

I believe it’s Göransson’s music we’re hearing - it’s a tradition at this point but we can’t be certain. I guess we’ll know for sure when the prologue comes out.

The music is way too good for it not to be for this movie, lol. It's way too distinct and rich.

Not to crap on generic trailer music companies, but you always feel the difference.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:19 pm
poplar wrote:
Not necessarily. Sometimes trailers use already existing music which can be detected but sometimes the trailer houses use original music for trailers and those tracks remain unreleased and cannot be detected. An example of that would be the first trailer of Dunkirk (it used a combo of both actually). The teaser was Zimmer of course.

I believe it’s Göransson’s music we’re hearing - it’s a tradition at this point but we can’t be certain. I guess we’ll know for sure when the prologue comes out.
Ok, I understand your point.
I still think it's Goransson, but we'll see in hours : )

Forum Pro
The music in the prologue was giving me some progressive house vibes.

poplar wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:54 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:19 pm
poplar wrote:

Ok, I understand your point.
I still think it's Goransson, but we'll see in hours : )
Now we know its Ludwig for sure :D