Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I don't see Smith and Zimmer returning to the fold.

Nathan Crowley had to turn down Inception to work on John Carter and Nolan took him back.

We'll have to wait and see if they'll work together on the next project but don't hold your breath.

Insomniac wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 1:43 pm
Nathan Crowley had to turn down Inception to work on John Carter and Nolan took him back.
Outside of Thomas, Crowley is Nolan's closest collaborator. I think there is a fair chance Smith and Zimmer gets dropped if Lame and Göransson deliver. I have a feeling Lame will take over editorial duties from now on, she rocks!

film is a freelance industry, availability determines everything. people don't take it personally in the way you may think they do

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 2:32 pm
film is a freelance industry, availability determines everything. people don't take it personally in the way you may think they do
yeah. They're professionals.

-Vader

Ace
Nolan might take it personally... :lol:
Christopher Nolan: it’s the first time I ever went back to an actor who passed, because he passed on the role, uh through his agent, um who was actually Guy Pierce’s agent, that’s how we were able to get in touch with him but he, he said no. And, and I’ve never done this before, cause normally when someone says no, you go ‘fuck you’ you know.

http://www.bafta.org/media-centre/trans ... n-pictures

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 2:32 pm
Of course, but turning it down and thus giving someone new a stab may result in a breakup, it happens all the time. And never underestimate the human element, even if it is in a professional environment.

Oku
The ideal answer that we could have gotten from Mr. Zimmer was, "Chris wanted to work with a new composer because he wanted to try take his sound in a different direction than what we've become used to." or something like that.

Instead, Mr. Zimmer essentially said, "Yeah, I was Chris's first choice but Dune is more important to me than Tenet, so out of necessity he's going with his second choice instead of his first choice, which is me, mwahahaha." :lol:

There are multiple instances iirc of Nolan asking someone to do something and them turning him down and him never going back to them. Joey Pants was one of them.

EDIT: Found the video