Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Oku
Ace wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 9:53 pm

He’s using fan art as the picture right?
From my amateurish searching, I couldn't find any source.

Could it actually be official art?

Edit: upon further reflection, there's no way that it is...that would make it way too much like Inception 2.
Last edited by Oku on May 22nd, 2019, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All of the text other than the logo is an exact copy from the Dunkirk poster

Oku
Yeah, I thought as much and had just edited my post. :D

Yeah the font was literally used for Inception

Great news! I’m hoping Nolan will dispense with scores entirely some day in the future, but dumping Zimmer is refreshing enough. I’m guessing his days with Zimmer are over. Thanks for your impressive contributions, Zimmer.

anikom15 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 10:32 pm
Great news! I’m hoping Nolan will dispense with scores entirely some day in the future, but dumping Zimmer is refreshing enough. I’m guessing his days with Zimmer are over. Thanks for your impressive contributions, Zimmer.

TeddyBlass wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 9:05 pm
Zimmer was likely too busy. Zimmer was pretty busy during Dunkirk. He had a lot of help on Dunkirk as well. There's a possibility Nolan didn't want a fractured Zimmer, nor did Zimmer want to offer a fractured self. It's possible Zimmer even recommended Göransson.
He is indeed busy. He's scoring 4 movies that are all coming out in 2020.

Is it possible that Zimmer is also going on tour again?

It's good news. I wanted him to switch up composers and do something different. By doing this and switching up his editor we might be in for his most refreshing film in years.

I mostly love Zimmer's work with Nolan. Especially Interstellar, which I think is one of the top 5 best scores of all-time. But it's nice to see Nolan branch out a little bit. Especially since the description of the film sounds familiar already.

Zimmer and Nolan collabo was one of the best I have heard. Definitely a bit sad because Zimmer is just perfect for Nolan films, but I completely trust Nolan chosing the right composer for the job. I did enjoy his early work with David Julyan, it was different, but I still enjoy going back to those, especially The Prestige.

The only Goransson score I wanted to give a listen after walking out of theater was Venom, but I didnt like it that much. None of his were memorable for me, thats what worries me the most, but I trust Nolan will bring the max out of him.