Behind the scenes - Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I think Nolan’s team is very clever. They know everyone is going to think the cars are just moving backwards and think “oh this is very simple and logical”. So they’re not worried about story leak. The movie is definitely about time travel.

CASE wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 5:44 am
ANONIMNIQ wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 3:37 am
gropercity wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 1:49 am
Cars are moving backwards while the cameras are rolling and one car is moving naturally. Looks like this will be all about time manipulation. Wouldn't expect anything less from Nolan.
Yes, the same thing in another video - cars moving backwards and fire truck moving naturally.
I haven't dissected those videos but isn't it just a way to sell an illusion of a greater speed (of a main vehicle)?
Possibly. Good point

I think the movie is probably about time travel, but these cars going backwards are not an indicator of that. This is a technique used in a million films. I think we're making this way too complicated.

Also, cars going backwards while a firetruck is going forward has nothing to do with manipulating time, lol. It just means that cars are going backwards and a firetruck is going forward. That has nothing to do with time. That's manipulating space and manipulating movement.

It wouldn't make sense to reverse time in one spot (a car) and let time continue on in another spot (a truck). So inside a car it's 10:02 AM and inside the firetruck it's 10:04 AM and they're on the same road? That would be silly.

Ace
Last edited by Ace on July 19th, 2019, 7:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

The most noteworthy thing that's happened on the set recently seems to be that members of the crew have been caught publicly urinating anywhere they please :lol:
"It is really embarrassing and I apologize for the actions of a few crew members, while we have 850 crew members working daily on this film and behaving responsibly," said Thomas Hayslip, representative of Funfair Films Limited, in a letter to the Tallinn City Government.

According to Hayslip, the team has been warned that such behavior will end in dismissal in the future.

Hayslip added that the filmmakers had added toilets in the convoy, as well as to the Alexela petrol station, close to the Bauhaus store, and other places close to Laagna Road. A total of 46 toilets have been installed near the filming area. There are also signposts indicating the locations of the toilets.
So much drama.

Ace wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 5:11 pm
Hardly worth posting but I guess you can tell there are some actors in costume...

Is there a link for these?

Ace
Where I found them.
https://twitter.com/jsumerki/status/115 ... 70912?s=21

Insomniac wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 5:26 pm
The most noteworthy thing that's happened on the set recently seems to be that members of the crew have been caught publicly urinating anywhere they please :lol:

So much drama.
It’s non-stop glamour on a Nolan set. :P

Ace wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 5:11 pm

Is that older guy in the pictures just a stunt driver who knows how to handle a big rig or was he hired because he looks like one of the main cast? Stand-in for Michael Cain? :think: Probably not

Insomniac wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 5:26 pm

So much drama.
Chrolan wrote:Image
At least do it in style

Could one the drivers possibly be Jefferson Hall?