Behind the scenes - Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
TLL wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 2:37 pm
I'm not sure if you people realise just how bizarre this turn of events is for Estonians with even a passing interest in Nolan's films. Shooting in the Old Town of Tallinn would be one thing, because it is at least well-known internationally. But hearing a studio representative on TV talking about how a large part of Nolan's vision hangs upon using probably the most infamously ugly area of the city feels like a very strange joke.

I'm not even mad! I guess most people have fantasised about how their mundane neighbourhood would look like when given the Hollywood treatment. But it is all extremely unexpected, nonetheless. And our Soviet architectural legacy does have a sort of majesty to it, it's just very hard to see when you look at it every day and associate it with the most unpleasant section of our recent history.

Anyway, there is another confirmed filming site: an old courthouse that was vacated last year. It's low-key compared to the other sites, but I got a few pictures from inside a set decoration truck at least. Let the speculation about the items begin! Although I doubt that even this forum can deduce anything useful about them.

The building itself.

A strange new temporary structure on the back.

The tram stop where Nolan was spotted is visible here on the far left. I suppose there is something in the immediate surroundings that is relevant to the film, but I don't know what it could be. The only major building there is Estonia's only IMAX cinema (visible on the right, and regrettably of the digital variety. Surely Nolan doesn't want to advertise that? :? )

I think a few more pictures of Linnahall are also in order. The building is already well-known among the urban exploration community, and there will be no shortage of amateur shots of it in the coming weeks. But I haven't seen too many photos of it on this forum yet, and the video posted earlier in this thread was of course taken down.

This must be the first time in Estonia that a film set is surrounded by barbed wire...

I wonder whether the building's heliport will be used in some way?

The mysterious ramp up to the roof seems to be complete now.

One of the key scenes of Tarkovsky's Stalker was filmed just a few hundred metres away. The location could conceivably be used for some sort of homage.

That's all for now! I'll gladly answer any questions you might have about the locations, although there's at least one more Estonian on the forum already.
Tubli töö!

TLL
Thanks for the kind words! I will be quite busy during the coming weeks, but if I do spot anything, I will try to provide more photos, of course.
külmavana wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 3:45 pm
Are you talking about me? :D
Well, with that username...
külmavana wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 3:45 pm
Question: Are you also going to be as an extra on the set?
Actually I have to be at work in another part of Estonia at that time. Aga palju lõbu!

@TheMan: Aitäh! Vähemalt kolm juba, ühesõnaga.

Nice set pics man, keep it up! I wonder what the ramp is for... Maybe for a stunt? Or a smooth tracking shot?

And BTW guys, please don’t quote a full post with lots of pictures :D, put it in spoiler tags for example

Willem wrote:
June 1st, 2019, 11:40 am
Nice set pics man, keep it up! I wonder what the ramp is for... Maybe for a stunt? Or a smooth tracking shot?

And BTW guys, please don’t quote a full post with lots of pictures :D, put it in spoiler tags for example
Likely

Won't be surprised if its a crowd shot.

@TLL Nice one! Thanks for sharing....exciting times! :gonf:

Ace
Video has been allowed back up.
Insomniac wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 6:42 am

lol @ it being so easy to sneak into a Nolan "set".

There's a point like midway through when one of the guys say they will try to find out what the movie is about, but unfortunately nothing comes of it :(

The builders seem to work exclusively on the stage area. Some sort of music performance perhaps?

Oku
Ace wrote:
June 3rd, 2019, 12:35 pm
Video has been allowed back up.
Insomniac wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 6:42 am

lol @ it being so easy to sneak into a Nolan "set".

There's a point like midway through when one of the guys say they will try to find out what the movie is about, but unfortunately nothing comes of it :(

The builders seem to work exclusively on the stage area. Some sort of music performance perhaps?
How did you notice? :o

Hi ... I have been trying to figure out how to post my own thread as I think you guys will really want to see this!

Well that video isn't exactly news, if you look just one post above your own...