Tenet - Box Office Autopsy

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I know this argument might be futile, but I'd like to react to some of the claims.

The Avengers series grossed many times Nolan's career in just seven years. - Why would anyone compare the whole Avengers universe and its BO performance to Nolan's BO power? Why does this matter? What does this prove? That the most popular blockbuster franchise (including 20+ films over the span of more than 10 years) brought in more money than the filmography of Christopher Nolan? What's the relevance of this?

Avatar (original movie) grossed over $2B. - Once again, so what? I still don't know why this is relevant.

I can't even imagine Nolan making an original movie that crosses $2B. - No one can and no one demands Nolan to do that.

Nolan struggled to meet studio execs expecations back in 2012 with a franchise movie. - Didn't TDKR gross almost the same as TDK? It went over a billion dollars, I'm sure. Or you mean Nolan didn't meet the expectations because it didn't go over $2 billion?

And one more thing : A significant percentage of Nolan fans are under 18. He can't pull off a Box office victory with an adult movie. He is limited to PG13. - What?? Under 18? Where do you get this from? And he is "LIMITED" to PG13? So how does this argument hold up when it comes to the famously R-rated Avengers franchise? How does PG13 limit your box office success? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

He didn't include a Got Talent star in Dunkirk because he was great actor. That guy had never acted in a feature film. Twas a financial decision. - No.

hey inception made less money than toy story 3 made. are we right to assume nolan never even had any of that charm people claim he’s now losing????

i really need an answer to this question. i’m scared

It should be noted Avatar got to $2b because of re-releases. The $2b is not from a single go.

Nolan's films outside of Batman getting $500m-$800m at the BO in a single go is impressive and should not be downplayed or compared to franchise films or films that promises to be franchises. Inception, Interstellar, and Dunkirk are all highly original films and ideas that did fantastic in a film landscape where people go for the familiar.
Ruth wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:33 pm
hey inception made less money than toy story 3 made. are we right to assume nolan never even had any of that charm people claim he’s now losing????

i really need an answer to this question. i’m scared
HOLY SHIT GOOD POINT OMG

speaking of IPs, memento made less than shrek.

i think it’s pretty safe to say nolin has always been a hack

Ruth wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:36 pm
speaking of IPs, memento made less than shrek.

i think it’s pretty safe to say nolin has always been a hack
Following did less than The Matrix. Absolutely disgusting

How does a random person know what the studio expectations were for TDKR? Don't project your wishful thinking into facts.

And holy crap @ saying that a significant percentage of Nolan fans are under 18. Now I've seen it all.

TDKR went under studio expectations so much that Nolan never got a blank check to do a big budget star studded sci fi movie in space /s

insomnia made less than scooby doo

i have never been so scared in my entire life. i can’t even freely express myself. everybody hates nolun. Disney hate him, Hollywood hate him, critics give him rotten tomatoes scores with 1% less. I can no longer wear my nolhan t shirt outside. I get stopped by scary looking people, I get spat at, told to go back to a movie theater - but how can i do that if they won’t screen tenet? there’s a vast and insidious conspiracy at play here. and if i told you about it, your head would explode. So i have to give it to you in pieces you guys. They are planning on stopping nolon’s career. In july if you go a theater, you won’t notice anything different, but then they’ll just play frozen 2 instead. That’s how they’ll get us. Zero at the box office, they’ll say. WB will kick him out. Nelon will have to sell newspapers till the end of his days.

I looked up the stats. TDKR did $1.081B at the BO according to box office mojo. TDK did $1.003B according to Box Office Mojo.

TDKR went above ~~~$78m at the BO compared to TDK and the film had to deal with a mass shooting opening weekend.

There is no under performance here.

Don't get jebaited by jabronis folks.