Elizabeth Debicki joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I am loving these unique choices.

Hoping for at least a few more familiar faces.

Apparently she's really tall like Gwendoline Christie, something I didn't quite realize for some reason having seen her in Cloverfield Paradox.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 11:21 pm
Apparently she's really tall like Gwendoline Christie, something I didn't quite realize for some reason having seen her in Cloverfield Paradox.
1,90m

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
If you see her in Widows, you won't question it. Granted, she does wear heels from time to time, but she still shadows over everybody by a full head.

I wish the girl would eat some more red meat, though.
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on March 20th, 2019, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collins wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 11:36 pm
MagnarTheGreat wrote:
1,90m
6'3''

I bring the height thing up because I was evaluating if she would be suitable to play one of Cobb and Mal's children if the movie would be an Inception sequel or a backdoor sequel like Split (Nolan said he saw the ending of Inception as real not a dream). She's way taller and Australian though Paris/France-born like Cotillard.

Anyway, I wish we knew who else was up for these various roles.

Fingers crossed it’s not a dead wife role.

This movie is really starting to feel like something out of left field. I mean for the most part his recent blockbusters have had relatively big names and you understood why they were chosen. Since Dunkirk he's been slowly moving away from his usual comfort zone. Also Nolan doesn't seem like the type to restrict actors so it's gonna pretty interesting to see the chemistry of the (3?) leads so far.

Also does this place have anywhere to do introductions?

I'm so happy for her. I think her work in Widows is her best as of yet. The MVP in a film with Viola fucking Davis in the lead role I mean what the fucking fuck. Yeah I was surprised by that for sure but I loved it. She's also absolutely stunning.

I also really liked her performance in The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Discussing Film - Elizabeth Debicki Leaves HBO’s ‘Lovecraft Country’ Due To Scheduling Conflicts (EXCLUSIVE) (May 13, 2019)
‘Lovecraft Country’ is a upcoming HBO drama/horror television series which is based on Matt Ruff’s book of the same. It’s easy to say when looking at the talent behind the screen on this HBO series, audiences are in for a treat. This is because behind the camera, an all-star executive producer team has been assembled featuring J.J. Abrams, Jordan Peele, Yann Demange, Ben Stephenson and Misha Green. Two names that may be of peak interest are Jordan Peele and J.J. Abrams. This is Jordan Peele’s next project following the success of ‘Us’ and his reboot of ‘The Twilight Zone’ for CBS All Access, as for J.J. Abrams, his production company Bad Robot is one of three production companies behind the series alongside Warner Bros Television and Jordan Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions.

[...]

One name that was included on the cast was Elizabeth Debicki who is known for her roles in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2’ and ‘The Cloverfield Paradox’, she will also star in Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film. She was once attached to ‘Lovecraft Country’ in the role of Christina Braithwhite however we were told that unfortunately, she had to depart the HBO series due to scheduling conflicts. We reached out to HBO and below is their statement regarding Elizabeth Debicki’s exit from the series.

Due to scheduling conflicts that arose before the start of production, Elizabeth Debicki is no longer in the cast of HBO’s drama series ‘Lovecraft Country.’ The role of Christina Braithwhite is being recast.

It is currently unknown when ‘Lovecraft Country’ will begin airing on HBO however, we will likely see the series sometime between 2019 and 2020.