Robert Pattinson joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ace wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 9:22 pm
RIP to the junket for Nolan's next movie, which will now just be all questions about Batman.

I guess Nolan can't get rid of Batman, afterall :batman:

Great for Pattinson tho

Hey Chris, Do yOu tHinK paTtiNson wiLl be A BettEr bAtmaN thAn bAle?

I have a few comments.

1. I'm sure Nolan is prepared and was expecting this topic in the press junket.

2. Also, it's quite possible that interviewers will be asked NOT to mention anything Batman related. This is more common than you think. They get handed notes all the time about what they can and cannot ask. (Example: You can't just ask Robert Downey Jr. about his issues from 25 years ago.) And yes, I know Batman is a less sensitive topic, haha. But at the end of the day, the PR and press managers monitoring the interviews can refuse certain questions.

2. I have a suspicion Nolan either recommended or endorsed Pattinson to WB. Pattinson's name has actually been in the mix for months now, since before he was cast in Nolan's new film, in fact. So this might have been in the cards for a while. He might've been in talks while he was cast by Nolan for the new film, honestly. I don't think this was a surprise to Nolan.

3. It seems "designed" that Pattinson suddenly has this "push" into the mainstream. He hasn't had any interest in big Hollywood movies / blockbusters for the past seven years, and now he's headlining WB's two biggest films of the next two years. Coincidence?

4. I think this is an inspired choice for Batman. It's a gamble and I like gambles. They're taking a big swing. There are people outraged about the choice, and I'm looking forward to everyone being proven wrong. It's not a "safe" choice like Affleck was.

Alright ! Some little updates from Rob from Cannes that does good ! (It's in French but translated) :
https://www.laminute.info/2019/05/19/fe ... les-noirs/
I'm of course not allowed to reveal anything about the project but I read the script which is very complex. Nolan has invented something totally new and really cool.

Nolan62 wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 7:04 pm
Alright ! Some little updates from Rob from Cannes that does good ! (It's in French but translated) :
I'm of course not allowed to reveal anything about the project but I read the script which is very complex. Nolan has invented something totally new and really cool.
What could it be?!!?

The Special One wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 10:11 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 7:04 pm
What could it be?!!?
The end result of a drunken back-seat grope-fest and a broken prophylactic?

not a sequel to inception

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/06/rober ... 202149042/
Robert Pattinson will no longer be able to co-star in Joanna Hogg’s “The Souvenir” sequel due to scheduling conflicts, IndieWire has learned. The British actor was first rumored as part of the cast for Hogg’s 2019 Sundance Grand Jury Prize-winning feature back in 2017, though he ultimately did not appear in the first film, instead opting for a part in the filmmaker’s planned sequel.

“Despite Rob’s strong desire to do the film, scheduling proved impossible but he very much looks forward to working with Joanna on something down the line,” a representative for the actor told IndieWire. Distributor A24 declined to comment.

Production on Hogg’s film is slated to begin this month in Norfolk, putting it up against Pattinson’s next big movie: Christopher Nolan’s action epic “Tenet,” which started filming late last month and is expected to travel to locations in seven different countries. Pattinson is co-starring in the project alongside John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Kenneth Branagh, Clémence Poésy, Dimple Kapadia, and Michael Caine.

Read the first line and it gave me a heart attack thinking he wasn't in this anymore.