Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Innovator wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:32 pm
I'm somewhat scared that Zimmer might not be in this after all. I need a new masterpiece from these two.
I cannot imagine a scenario in which Zimmer doesn't score this.

TeddyBlass wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 3:33 pm
I cannot imagine a scenario in which Zimmer doesn't score this.

-Vader

He’ll have the time, right? I know he’s doing Dune and I dunno shit about how scheduling works in this biz.

I can't imagine such situation either but his schedule is full. He's got a lot of films to work on. Unless he finishes some of the scores early and got time for one more...
or he's on board but just being secretive about it and has figured out his schedule. Fingers crossed.

My guess is Spongebob is done early, as animation schedules usually require music much earlier in the process.

Wonder Woman 1984 will likely feature contributions from Hans' Remote Control gang of composers.

Top Gun will be co-composed with Harold Faltermeyer.

Well, WW84 was supposed to come out this year so I don't know if that means anything.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 4:06 pm
Well, WW84 was supposed to come out this year so I don't know if that means something.
Oh yes, good point. I'd bet that and Spongebob are finished scoring before 2020 begins.

Oku
I know it's unspeakable to suggest it, but I would not be opposed to him going with a different composer.

The film looks different enough (even though we know almost nothing :lol: ) to warrant it.

Zimmer's already writing music for this. Guaranteed.
He probably met with Chris and got the script/themes months ago. That's been their approach for a few films now.

TeddyBlass wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Oh yes, good point. I'd bet that and Spongebob are finished scoring before 2020 begins.
I hope so but then again look at Dark Phoenix (that hot mess). Hans was supposedly finished with it awhile ago but with all the changes, he might be still working on it till now (According to Hybrid Soldier/Stephane from Hans-Zimmer(dot)com who was asked about not too long ago and said the score is not done yet).