Tenet - Crew Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ace
As we suspected , Interview with Lee Smith explains he couldn’t work on Tenet because of scheduling.
Smith is not doing Nolan’s next film, Tenet, which is currently being shot with Jennifer Lame (Hereditary) in the cutting room. This was simply a matter of scheduling which clashed with 1917.

“When you are presented with a film that is happening, greenlit and ready to go right now then I think you should say yes rather than wait for a director you also want to work with but whose film is waiting to be financed,” he explains. “There’s always the risk that films can be pushed back. It might eventually put you out of sync with those you want to work with, and the decision is never taken lightly but you have to work - editors also need to get paid.”
https://www.ibc.org/production/craft-le ... ?adredir=1

I wonder how much Lee Smith is paid. Still probably under a million a feature, right? That's just a guess with no research done though.

That backstabbing son of a BITCH
jk I understand and I’m happy for him

I think you should say yes rather than wait for a director you also want to work with but whose film is waiting to be financed
That's a lame excuse. Of course he knew Nolan film would be financed.
He just didn't want to wait.

filipeG wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 8:15 pm
I think you should say yes rather than wait for a director you also want to work with but whose film is waiting to be financed
That's a lame excuse. Of course he knew Nolan film would be financed.
He just didn't want to wait.
Maybe not. The public assumes that's the case but doesn't know how many, if any, projects were rejected or how long it takes Nolan to convince Warner Brothers. The turnaround time for Nolan to make a new movie is also inconsistent. Sometimes, it's a year; sometimes, it's three. Who really cares if Lee Smith wanted to work another project anyway? They're not married.

The crew listing on IMDB for "Tenet" has been updated with some new names.

One name I found interesting was "Dave Duarte". He was listed under vfx and his job is "capture technician". Now I assume that is for motion capture, like the techniques used for CGI characters in films?
Is motion capture used for any other type of vfx besides full-on CGI characters?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm10363327/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr28

Capture technician doesn't have to mean motion capture. I'd be kinda shocked if Nolan chose this film to begin using mocap in.

This isn't much, but something I stumbled across. The guy was a stunt driver on Tenet and said some nice things about his time on the film in Tallinn

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0bKhKii4DW/

". But trust me, this one is big and it is going to blow your mind in 2020, that I can assure you. 🤯 What a privilege to be part of this and to work alongside with all the AAA stunt guys who were brought together and coordinated by as great guy as @georgejcottle absolutely is and obviously sharing one space and time on set with the one and only, THE BOSS, @christophernollan was for me, as a big fan of his work, exhilarating experience "

wow, great find

Little something I found interesting, on the "special effects" section of the crew list of "Tenet" on imdb, it list two people whose jobs are "R/C Pilot" and "R/C Technician".

On "Dunkirk" R/C's were remote controlled, scaled down model plane/drones that were used to help create some of the aerial dog fighting scenes and crashes. Is Nolan planning to have some kind of aerial fight scenes in this film, as well?