Tenet - Crew Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I need to come clean with y'all. I hope Lee Smith doesn't come back (although I love his work on Prestige).

I think Lee Smith is fine overall.

The work on Batman Begins wasn't so great, lol.

Angus wrote:
March 28th, 2019, 4:17 pm
I think Lee Smith is fine overall.

The work on Batman Begins wasn't so great, lol.
I disagree. The first hour of Begins is the best editing in any of the Batman movies. Some sick sick cross-cuts in there. The Will to Act scene is a fucking masterpiece of cutting.
Are you talking about the shitty action fight scenes? Blame that on Nolan and the hack stunt crews that worked on those films that barely gave decent covers for the editor to work on. He even had to resort to use repeated shots under different setups in a bunch of tdkr moments.

Huh. I didn't know that.
Yeah, I was referring to the fight scenes.

I love the first hour of Begins.

Angus wrote:
March 28th, 2019, 5:17 pm
Huh. I didn't know that.
Yeah, I was referring to the fight scenes.

I love the first hour of Begins.
That was clearly a directorial decision, if you shoot a shaky cam fight scene, theres no editing around it, it was meant to be since filming.

Hm... If I recall correctly, they started cutting Dunkirk during shooting. I don't know how Mendes works with editing his films but if it's the same sort of workflow I fear the chances of Smith also working on Nolan's new film are becoming less likely... Which would suck because they're a great team and he won his first Oscar for Dunkirk I mean hell, they have to work together again.

John Lee (associate editor) will start it and Lee Smith will finish it.

They did Inception that way:
The whole project represented an opportunity for John Lee, who’s worked with film editor Lee Smith for years, and got the job of keeping the whole process on track for the first few months of production, when Smith was away finishing up The Way Back with director Peter Weir.

Jack Taggart is working on the film according to Imdb.

LieMDb.

Sanchez wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 1:03 pm
Hoyte deserves an Oscar soon, Nolan could definitely be the one to help with that.
+1