Tenet - Crew Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Sanchez wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 5:51 am
Damn. I know this is off-topic, but Nolan's and Chazelle's movies share a lot of the same crew.
Yep, and if Zimmer devotes himself to Dune and WW, and Nolan has to work with Hurwitz instead, I won't cry. (and Simmons would be great as the older lead)

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I don't think this is likely but if he uses a new composer I'd want it to be Jonny Greenwood.

If Zimmer is unavailable, which I doubt , Nolan is probably going to play it safe by hiring James Newton Howard

Hoyte was never actually confirmed as DP, because the news that he was returning was came from the same group that claimed that the movie was a Sci-Fi Thriller.

prowlercomesaround wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 7:31 am
If Zimmer is unavailable, which I doubt , Nolan is probably going to play it safe by hiring James Newton Howard
Zimmer will definitely be able to fit Nolan in. If not it will likely be ben wallfisch.

I hate to have a bias, but Zimmer's best stuff in his whole career has been for Nolan films. Zimmer is basically a for-hire composer who gives that recycled "Zimmer Sound" whenever people want it. Nolan's films are the only time he really notably pushes himself, in my opinion.

Point being, Zimmer will never be too busy for Nolan. It's probably the only time he really has fun and feels creative.

If for any reason someone has to take Zimmer's place, it would be Lorne Balfe - He's worked with Nolan on TDK trilogy, Inception and he had an important role on Dunkirk (wrote music for it and supervised the process while Zimmer was on tour). It's the obvious choice to me.

Angus wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 8:29 am
I hate to have a bias, but Zimmer's best stuff in his whole career has been for Nolan films. Zimmer is basically a for-hire composer who gives that recycled "Zimmer Sound" whenever people want it. Nolan's films are the only time he really notably pushes himself, in my opinion.

Point being, Zimmer will never be too busy for Nolan. It's probably the only time he really has fun and feels creative.
Not true at all, his score for br2049 was fantastic.

Mantis Toboggan wrote:
March 21st, 2019, 6:57 am
I don't think this is likely but if he uses a new composer I'd want it to be Jonny Greenwood.
As much as I would adore that, I'm not even sure how a Greenwood scored blockbuster would work.

It would be weird to have someone other than Zimmer scoring this film. If he can't fill in then I would be over the moon so happy with Hurwitz. Who, btw, never worked with anybody else besides Chazelle.