Tenet - Cast Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ace
Well to be specific the release date announcement didn’t confirm it would be filmed in IMAX it just said it would be released in IMAX theatres. :geek:

Remember when Nolan filmed a few seconds of Bale waking up in bed with a IMAX camera for some reason. :shifty:

Didn't Tarantino use 70mm IMAX for The Hateful Eight? That whole movie takes place in a tiny cabin, lol. I think IMAX isn't just about capturing spectacle, but showing intimacy to a scene as well. It can make something otherwise subtle and insignificant suddenly larger than life.

Ace wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 4:08 pm
Well to be specific the release date announcement didn’t confirm it would be filmed in IMAX it just said it would be released in IMAX theatres. :geek:

Remember when Nolan filmed a few seconds of Bale waking up in bed with a IMAX camera for some reason. :shifty:
To be fair, you could film Christian Bale on an IMAX camera taking a shit and it would still be epic.

Batman's Batman wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 4:43 pm
Ace wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 4:08 pm

To be fair, you could film Christian Bale on an IMAX camera taking a shit and it would still be epic.
I hope that's going to be the new movie

Angus wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 4:18 pm
Didn't Tarantino use 70mm IMAX for The Hateful Eight? That whole movie takes place in a tiny cabin, lol. I think IMAX isn't just about capturing spectacle, but showing intimacy to a scene as well. It can make something otherwise subtle and insignificant suddenly larger than life.
Naw... Tarantino used 5-perf 70mm with Ultra Panavision lenses which had an anamorhpic/wider look (think of it as scope 35mm). It’s not the same as IMAX 70mm 15-perf film wich Nolan uses. On DUNKIRK, he used both 15-perf and 5-perf (but with spherical lenses - 2.20:1 aspect ratio wich is not as wide as scope but no as tall as standard 1.78:1 or 1.85:1). IMAX has a tall square-ish image with a 1.43:1 aspect ratio.

Both cameras are extremely heavy. The IMAX camera is very noisy and the 70mm camera is much heavier than the IMAX camera.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 6:18 pm
Angus wrote:
February 1st, 2019, 4:18 pm
Naw... Tarantino used 5-perf 70mm with Ultra Panavision lenses which had an anamorhpic/wider look (think of it as scope 35mm). It’s not the same as IMAX 70mm 15-perf film wich Nolan uses. On DUNKIRK, he used both 15-perf and 5-perf (but with spherical lenses - 2.20:1 aspect ratio wich is not as wide as scope but no as tall as standard 1.78:1 or 1.85:1). IMAX has a tall square-ish image with a 1.43:1 aspect ratio.

Both cameras are extremely heavy. The IMAX camera is very noisy and the 70mm camera is much heavier than the IMAX camera.
to add to your post, the panavision camera is heavier because it is sound proofed, hence why nolan used for the dialogue scenes in Dunkirk, the IMAX 70 is lighter, but the engine sound goes through its carcass like it isn't even there, i get the feeling that Nolan will appreciate the silence of a digital camera, if at all or ever decides to switch.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 1:21 am
to add to your post, the panavision camera is heavier because it is sound proofed, hence why nolan used for the dialogue scenes in Dunkirk, the IMAX 70 is lighter, but the engine sound goes through its carcass like it isn't even there, i get the feeling that Nolan will appreciate the silence of a digital camera, if at all or ever decides to switch.
Or go back to good ol' 35mm. Very good point about the difference between 5-perf 65mm and 15-perf 65mm IMAX. I always wondered: How loud can it be? It can't be that difficult to work with! - Until I watched First Man extras and it is LOUD!
This is one of the reasons why we'll never see a Nolan film shot entirely on IMAX. He's the only person who's capable of achieving that but his refusal of doing ADR will always prevent it from happening.

Now, the weight and size of the Panavision camera shouldn't be a problem (although they probably have to build special rigs for it) but Nolan likes to shoot handheld and they were shooting on very small boats on DUNKIRK.

Dileep Rao
Irrfan Khan

Dileep Rao kind of disappeared. Dude was in Inception, Avatar, and Drag Me to Hell and then poof, gone.

He's gonna be in Avatar movies.