Tenet - Cast Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Tourmie wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 11:03 pm
Some big names with open schedules:

Joaquin
Gosling
Jennifer Lawrence :facepalm:
Denzel
Damon

Bale is supposedly working on something with O. Russell and De Niro. Chalamet doing Dune. DiCaprio doing Flower Moon.
I LOVE the first two.

For his last couple films, Nolan has cast actors with whom he's never worked before who were either in Oscar contention very recently or around the time they were cast or who were generally having a big moment (McConaughey, Chastain, Rylance), so I wonder if someone from this current awards season will be cast.

Have a feeling there will be backlash if Nolan doesn’t get a diverse cast this time around. It will depend on the subject though, like Dunkirk for example.

Well, this season we've got some pretty awesome names.

Rami Malek
Viggo Mortensen
Bradley Cooper
Willem Dafoe
Sam Rockwell
Adam Driver
Mahershala Ali
Richard E. Grant
Amy Adams
Emma Stone
Rachel Weisz

I personally think Amy Adams is a no-brainer at this point. Same with Michelle Williams and Jake Gyllenhaal.

Allstar wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 12:22 am
Have a feeling there will be backlash if Nolan doesn’t get a diverse cast this time around. It will depend on the subject though, like Dunkirk for example.
There was a brief backlash on the casting of Dunkirk when the movie came out because it didn’t depict soldiers of different ethnicities.

I could see him casting Mahershala Ali.

There's a backlash of Nolan not casting people of different ethnicities? Are you serious?

Did the casting of Ken Watanabe, Dileep Rao, Morgan Freeman, David Gyasi, and David Oyelowo not really happen? Did I imagine all of that?

Tourmie wrote:

Joaquin
Gosling
Denzel
Damon

Bale is supposedly working on something with O. Russell and De Niro. Chalamet doing Dune. DiCaprio doing Flower Moon.
Good info

Forum Pro
Law
Tourmie wrote:

Joaquin
Gosling
Denzel
Damon

I would literally kill to see Denzel in a Nolan movie

Ahh its that time of year...

I want Nolan to work with Fassbender and/or Portman. Or new people like in Dunkirk.