Tenet - Cast Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Artemis wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 4:14 pm
John David Washington to Star in Christopher Nolan’s Next Film (EXCLUSIVE)
Christopher Nolan has tapped “BlacKkKlansman’s” John David Washington to star in his next “event film,” sources tell Variety.

Nolan recently finished the script for the movie and Warner Bros. quickly dated it for July 18, 2020 — a slot the studio often reserves for the director, most recently with “Dunkirk.”

The gig has become one of the more highly coveted in town, even though most of the industry has been kept in the dark about who has been meeting for the role and what the movie is even about.

Although rumors are swirling that the film is a romantic thriller in the vein of “North by Northwest,” sources have denied those claims, keeping plot details under lock and key. One insider described the pic as a massive, innovative, action blockbuster, which will again be shown in Imax.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/john ... 203135920/
OMG

our first cast member

so happy for him

Are we sure it's for the lead ??

Hopefully the rest of the dominos will fall quickly now in terms of filling out the cast.

Fantastic news! Actual stuff! :gonf:

Maybe Topher Grace will get a callback.

Robbert Pattinson joined the cast !!!!!

Collins wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 6:03 am
Robbert Pattinson joined the cast !!!!!
Source?

http://collider.com/robert-pattinson-ch ... ovie-cast/
The pieces of Christopher Nolan‘s next cinematic puzzle are starting to fall into place, as Robert Pattinson is poised to star opposite John David Washington in the next film from the director of Inception, Collider has exclusively learned.

With plot details being kept under wraps, little is known about the actual film, though Variety described it as “a massive, innovative action blockbuster” that will once again be shown in IMAX — no surprise given Nolan’s preference for the large-screen format. Nolan will produce alongside his wife and longtime collaborator, Emma Thomas, and Warner Bros. will release the movie on July 17, 2020, with production expected to start this summer.

My understanding is that Pattinson and Washington (BlacKkKlansman) will play the two leads, and there will also be an age-appropriate female lead, as well as an older male co-star. I don’t know if there’s a love triangle in play here, or whether Pattinson and Washington will be friends or enemies, so just like all of you, I can’t wait to find out what Nolan’s next movie is actually about. There’s speculation that the film could be a sequel of sorts to Inception, and while I don’t expect that to be the case — outside of his Batman trilogy, Nolan has eschewed franchise fare, including sequels — I suppose anything is possible.

Hope for Rooney Mara for the female part. For the other one, it depends what they mean by older though. If around 75,80 years old, it will be Caine, if around sixty, then I hope for Hanks, Clooney or Rylance.

Hot take: What if the rumors about romantic thriller are true and Washington & Pattinson will be playing lovers? This really can be Nolan trying to show that he is not afraid to embrace diversity. Not that I think he ever should pay attention to numbnuts like MovieBlob that accuse him of being a "white film bro" director, let alone try to respond to that nonsense. Scorsease worked with white and straight lead actors/characters all of his life. Didn't hurt him.
Last edited by Batman's Batman on March 20th, 2019, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.