Tenet - Cast Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Forum Pro
Other guys not Denzel or Mendelson that would be cool for the old men: Willem Dafoe, Tilda Swinton (I know she's a woman), Richard E Grant, Mads Milksesen

Oku
Ruth wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 4:51 pm
As much as I love the actors Nolan has worked with, how about he just does something out of the ordinary and presents us a completely fresh and new ensemble with no recasts.

Or just somebody he hasn’t already worked with 50 times. Sans Caine, ofc.
Well said.

The out-of-the-blue choices for the three leads has me pumped, and I hope we see that blueprint extended to the rest of the cast also.

TeddyBlass wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 4:59 pm
Ruth wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 4:51 pm
As much as I love the actors Nolan has worked with, how about he just does something out of the ordinary and presents us a completely fresh and new ensemble with no recasts.

Or just somebody he hasn’t already worked with 50 times. Sans Caine, ofc.
I like that idea. I'd love Hugh Jackman, Guy Pearce, or David Gyasi, Aaron Eckhart, etc.
Yeah. Ben Men also would fit because he’s only appeared in TDKR so far.

Idk about what other character types they’re looking to cast/have already cast, but thinking of the Rover (and True Detective more recently) made me think Scoot McNairy would also do great in a Nolan film one day.

Also Vader mentioned Steven Yeun, and I remembered Sorry to Bother You, and Lakeith Stanfield would also be really cool.

First Heath Ledger, then Harry Styles, now Robert Pattinson... next "fangirl dreamboat" I'd like to consider him working with is Josh Hartnett or Justin Timerlake.

Joshua Strong wrote:
March 20th, 2019, 5:21 pm
Other guys not Denzel or Mendelson that would be cool for the old men: Willem Dafoe, Tilda Swinton (I know she's a woman), Richard E Grant, Mads Milksesen
David Strathairn
David Morse
William Fichtner (small role in TDK)

And while not old yet, I'd love to see him work with Patrick Wilson or Jim Caviezel in the future when they get to maybe play more father figure roles.

Colin Firth should be nice!

This is all great news. Surprising cast choices, just how I like it from Nolan. Surprise us!

I'm not even going to try to predict who else will join the cast considering how surprising I've found the casting choices so far. Very interesting cast Nolan is choosing.

Forum Pro
Law
I'm hoping he picks up Jack O'Connell or Eric Bana

Michael Stuhlbarg for the older male role, please.

To me it looks like Robert Pattinson and Elizabeth Debicki could be playing brother and sister.