Tenet - Cast Discussion/Speculation

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I unironically want him to work with Harry Styles again. When there's a fitting role, of course.

For information, according to his DP Benoit Debie, Gosling is getting ready to shoot his second film. Debie said in september, in an interview for french magazine cinemateaser, that Gosling had refused Netflix offer to finance the film. Apparently, he's still trying to get people to fund his film as there hasn't been any announcement since. Gosling refused Netflix because they were asking that he shoots digital, and because the film would not have a wide a release. So don't have high hopes to see Gosling in Nolan's next film. I too would have loved it though.

^ Huh. Good to know! :twothumbsup:

Who wants to take bets on Bradley Cooper now?

Demoph wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 7:31 pm
For information, according to his DP Benoit Debie, Gosling is getting ready to shoot his second film. Debie said in september, in an interview for french magazine cinemateaser, that Gosling had refused Netflix offer to finance the film. Apparently, he's still trying to get people to fund his film as there hasn't been any announcement since. Gosling refused Netflix because they were asking that he shoots digital, and because the film would not have a wide a release. So don't have high hopes to see Gosling in Nolan's next film. I too would have loved it though.
I doubt that happens anytime soon, and he certainly wouldn't turn down a Nolan movie instead of postponing production.

On the press tour for Mowgli he also said that his reunion with Nolan is rather unlikely because he thinks that Nolan now only sees him as his Batman and can't cast him in anything else.

LelekPL wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 5:48 am
On the press tour for Mowgli he also said that his reunion with Nolan is rather unlikely because he thinks that Nolan now only sees him as his Batman and can't cast him in anything else.

I know it's a nit-picky approach to your words, but I think he actually meant that of course he would love to work with Nolan, but only if Nolan wants to work with him as well. Which is pretty self-explanatory. He also pointed out that he's sure Nolan doesn't want to work with the same actor(s) over and over again, so he's being humble about this whole thing. I wouldn't say that based on this it would be unlikely for them to re-unite. I, for one thing, am really, REALLY looking forward to them working together again. That's my number one wish for the next Nolan film. I love Bale and his work.

Me too. He's my favorite actor. But they way he talks about it makes me think it's very unlikely. At least for a couple of more years. He's being coy but that's what I'm getting from this interview.

Ace wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 6:58 pm

@ 5:10 Bale says he and David O. Russell are now putting something together. I think it’s a Netflix film with Robert De Niro.
hm

honestly, I just really want Villeneuve to cast Bale as Duke Leto in Dune ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ guess we'll find out in a month or two

Everybody chant "We want Gosling! We want Gosling! We want Gosling!"

Nomis wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 6:25 am
Ace wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 6:58 pm

@ 5:10 Bale says he and David O. Russell are now putting something together. I think it’s a Netflix film with Robert De Niro.
hm

honestly, I just really want Villeneuve to cast Bale as Duke Leto in Dune ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ guess we'll find out in a month or two
Duke Leto is apparently going to be Oscar Isaac. Check the trades for the news.