TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Wouldn’t it be the production company/producer working the deal?

Maybe they can negotiate some sort of royalties agreement. The city and municipality would not only get paid for their trouble now but get a small cut of the revenues the movie brings in over the course of its theatrical run. Columbia University got a similar deal when Ghostbusters(1984) shot on their campus. I mean the production is like renting out their major traffic arteries for weeks on end, the Tenet crew should be generous for these accommodations.

Oku wrote:
June 15th, 2019, 6:38 pm
But unlike those countries, Estonia has nothing to lose, implicit (no pre-existing relationship with Hollywood) or explicit (no local film industry, so no 'actual' damages if the production pulls out), and so holds all the cards.
There is a lot to lose for the future. "Tenet" is in no way seen as a one-off project from Estonia's standpoint. Estonian Film Institute is working to attract more international productions to shoot in Estonia. They want in on the business countries like Czechia, Hungary, Bulgaria, et al. have been getting in the past decades. Heck, even Latvia and Lithuania have hosted shootings for major TV productions such as War & Peace and Chernobyl in the past years. If "Tenet" succeeds in Estonia, it can open doors for many more productions to come. Plus, there are hundreds of locals involved (dozens from local film and media school). It will give them invaluable experience.

It’s just so bizarre to see such a big production not have this sort of stuff planned to a t in advance. I wonder how much of this issue arose from a possible belief that a small country looking to attract big shot productions would probably want to cater to their every whim so they didn’t plan this through and thought it would be fine to pick and choose what they wanted on the spot. Tallinn, even for a capital, is not a massive metropolis at all, wanting to close down a main or one of the main roads for a month sounded like nonsense from the very beginning. I’m curious to see how this plays out, but for a Nolan production, this mess is honestly surprising.

Yeah it doesn't seem like a Nolan production at all, we usually hear about how he is one of the most effective and best prepared directors out there, and because of that most of his movies comes in under budget.

Yeah, it’s really odd. There’s a location manager out there fighting for their career, I bet.

senseandsarcasm wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 9:22 am
Yeah, it’s really odd. There’s a location manager out there fighting for their career, I bet.
what will do with him?
me? nothing.

but i can't speak "Syncopy Inc."

senseandsarcasm wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 9:22 am
I think that there should have even lots of location managers because it is verified that Nolan is shooting in 13 location of Estonia.Almost sure that Laagna tee and lots of other streets included there, but now only Linnahall is verified by Nolan´s team and Tallinn´s city government.It was verified even in very close by both side, but all other locations, what Nolan´s team verified is not verified by city covernment.I am suspicious that it would cost lots of location managers and possibly even on different locations.I am pretty sure that even Hollywood and maybe even some boss of Warner Bros.

Today they started filming at least in Linnahall,what is only one,what is verified by both sides.https://kinoportaal.postimees.ee/670865 ... 1506339976 .Lots of actors in mass scenes,mostly some of those thousands actors.

Ruth wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 8:15 am
It’s just so bizarre to see such a big production not have this sort of stuff planned to a t in advance. I wonder how much of this issue arose from a possible belief that a small country looking to attract big shot productions would probably want to cater to their every whim so they didn’t plan this through and thought it would be fine to pick and choose what they wanted on the spot. Tallinn, even for a capital, is not a massive metropolis at all, wanting to close down a main or one of the main roads for a month sounded like nonsense from the very beginning. I’m curious to see how this plays out, but for a Nolan production, this mess is honestly surprising.
There is this problem that Tallinn is Estonia´s only city, what never sleeps and is metropolis . There have airports,lots of ports and when we are talking about smaller cities then by example Tartu ( City o University) is very very sleepy at summer because university and schools not working.There have no airports and ports at least that kind of, what are on international known.In Soviet Union people should own only one car in family and so all Estonia had lots of less cars then in Tallinn today.So Tallinn was built mostly in these times, where architechts should not expect that now there have 500 000 cars, not 20 000 or 50 000 in all Estonia.Funny fact about Estonia is that Tallinn is most bigger city and not even half million population.Second and other cities have even under 100 000 and we have only 47 cities in Estonia.Two last ones even don´t have thousand locals there.