TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
From these arial shots of the confirmed filming locations in Tallinn (Linnahall & Lasnamäe), you can start to get a feel for the tone he might be trying to capture.

Oku
DHOPW42 wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 6:03 am
külmavana wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 5:34 am
Poster from Ludwig Göransson instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxyWxQnH20M ... lFjuSPt48Q
It's most probably fan-made, as people pointed out that the blue font is ripped straight from the Dunkirk posters. And also, there was no official announcement.
Yeah...WB needs to tell him to stop posting misleading fan-made stuff...

Dragon_316ca wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 6:11 am
https://www.knocksense.com/mumbai/we-kn ... -in-mumbai
A little birdie told us that there’ll be an epic chase sequence here in the city and if you’re willing to spot the Hollywood biggie, you gotta be around South Bombay, the Gateway of India, Taj Mahal hotel and Colaba Market. Tenet will also be shot in seven international locations including US, Estonia, Italy and London apart from India.

This spy-action thriller will also give screen space to our ‘Bobby’ woman, Dimple Kapadia who’ll be playing the role of an elderly lady with a strong narrative in the story! The other stars of this movie are Robert Pattinson, Michael Caine, Kenneth Branagh, John David Washington, Elizabeth Debicki, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Clemence Poesy.
I find it amusing that people are still failing to realize that the first-billed star of the film is not Mr. Pattinson, but Mr. Washington.

Though I guess with Mr. Nolan's track record, people can't be faulted for jumping to that conclusion.

Or maybe it will be like Dunkirk where Mr. Whitehead is the first-billed but it really was a true ensemble film?

Ruth wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 8:55 am
Insomniac wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 8:04 am
Tallinn mayor says no to full Laagna Road closure

https://news.err.ee/947878/tallinn-mayo ... ad-closure

Nolan falls.
well that’s off to a weird start
Yeah, this is bizarre.

It sounds like he first heard about this on the news or something instead of through WB's negotiation team? Like what is WB doing lol

I'm reading an article that claims Nolan originally went to Sweden (where I happen to live) but "found no suitable locations" so he turned to Estonia instead.

Fucking hell, man.

We need translators here.

TLL
Insomniac wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 1:17 pm

We need translators here.
The scene requiring the major road closure is confirmed as an action scene specifically, but I guess that was obvious. Other than that there's really no new info about the film: the head of the Estonian Film Institute is overjoyed, speaking about the magnitude of the event. The mayor expresses hope that a compromise solution can be found for the road closure, but that no film can justify closing the thoroughfare down completely for a month. A traffic analysis comparing different modes of partial closure will be ready next week.

I mean they have a point. Closing a road for a month is a bit extreme :lol:
I hope they find a way to do what they were planning to do though.

It seems crazy that sets are being built and extras are being hired and the logistics of filming haven't even been finalized yet with the local government. That seems like the first thing that needs to be done before agreeing to film at a location.

toastieboat wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 10:19 am
From these arial shots of the confirmed filming locations in Tallinn (Linnahall & Lasnamäe), you can start to get a feel for the tone he might be trying to capture.

very impressive