TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
speedy117 wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 6:23 pm
Someone posted this on reddit and I thought it was brilliant.
Quote from trailer : it will open the right doors and some of the wrong ones too ;)

Any idea when the next stage of marketing will kick off? March? April?
With the massive budget I reckon there will be some crazy online marketing happening. Ex: some crazy updates on the website + few more interactive viral websites etc. Similar to Inception and TDKR.

always_smiling wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 7:03 am
With the massive budget I reckon there will be some crazy online marketing happening. Ex: some crazy updates on the website + few more interactive viral websites etc. Similar to Inception and TDKR.
Yeah, I wonder that as well.
The lack of news are killing some of the hype for me..

If they did viral marketing on the level of TDK that would be amazing. Really none of Nolan's movies after that were on that level. There were global scavenger hunts and all kinds of oddball websites to comb through. I still have a joker card and the three Gotham Times issues.

always_smiling wrote:
I'd be surprised if we get anything before mid-April. We're in the last long lull here, in 10 to 12 weeks time shits gonna start up for real. Betting the new trailer will be with Black Widow, and spots will air during Euro 2020 and NBA playoffs. May and June will be blitz time (I hope). I'm fine with not getting much in March, I got No Time to Die to obsess over so I'm all good 8-)

shadmag wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 2:14 pm
If they did viral marketing on the level of TDK that would be amazing. Really none of Nolan's movies after that were on that level. There were global scavenger hunts and all kinds of oddball websites to comb through. I still have a joker card and the three Gotham Times issues.
What kind of stuff did they do with TDK?

speedy117 wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 6:35 pm
shadmag wrote:
Aside from what I mentioned they had tied these various activities to get passes to see the prologue (before it was attached to I am Legend), the premier of the 2nd trailer, and see the movie itself a couple days early in IMAX.

One of the scavenger hunts in Toronto had hundreds of people show up outside city hall and go on hunt that lead to the IMAX theater. For the trailer, after they showed it, they did a draw in the theater to see who would take the 35mm reel of it home.

For the film itself, I think press screenings were on Tuesday and we won tickets for the preview screening on the Wednesday, with the regular midnight screenings happening Thursday going into Friday.

Shortly before the movie came out, they had the Batpod and Tumbler outside the theater. But unlike the Tumbler Tour for TDKR, it was not very publicized. People got the info from the viral sites. Basically drop what you are doing and get your ass downtown to see them, you have a few hours and then it's gone.

From what I remember it was the same marketing firm that did I Love Bees for the Halo 2 viral campaign. Sometimes the sites would lead to some new stills or promo photos. That kind of stuff. Or hint at when the next trailer would drop. Some of the sites had stuff about the district attorney campaign race, in a sense acting as extra background info about Dent or the fake batmen.

In any case that whole campaign was like 8 months long and it absolutely consumed by life. SuperHeroHype forum was where I remember people discussing all of it.

shadmag wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 7:00 pm
speedy117 wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 6:35 pm
shadmag wrote:
Aside from what I mentioned they had tied these various activities to get passes to see the prologue (before it was attached to I am Legend), the premier of the 2nd trailer, and see the movie itself a couple days early in IMAX.

One of the scavenger hunts in Toronto had hundreds of people show up outside city hall and go on hunt that lead to the IMAX theater. For the trailer, after they showed it, they did a draw in the theater to see who would take the 35mm reel of it home.

For the film itself, I think press screenings were on Tuesday and we won tickets for the preview screening on the Wednesday, with the regular midnight screenings happening Thursday going into Friday.

Shortly before the movie came out, they had the Batpod and Tumbler outside the theater. But unlike the Tumbler Tour for TDKR, it was not very publicized. People got the info from the viral sites. Basically drop what you are doing and get your ass downtown to see them, you have a few hours and then it's gone.

From what I remember it was the same marketing firm that did I Love Bees for the Halo 2 viral campaign. Sometimes the sites would lead to some new stills or promo photos. That kind of stuff. Or hint at when the next trailer would drop. Some of the sites had stuff about the district attorney campaign race, in a sense acting as extra background info about Dent or the fake batmen.

In any case that whole campaign was like 8 months long and it absolutely consumed by life. SuperHeroHype forum was where I remember people discussing all of it.
That sounds awesome. Considering the budget of this film, I really hope they do some crazy shit like that again.
Last edited by Nomis on February 20th, 2020, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: there is no reason to quote a wall of text, especially not if your reply is underneath it

What happened on February 6th? This website shows that it had the most active users online during that day.

Forum Pro
always_smiling wrote:
After Black Widow is released.

We have to remember that F9, Bond BW are quite the murder’s row. We’ll for sure get commercials and press encounters sprinkled in here and there but unless there’ll be a third trailer, I doubt it’ll kick off before May.