TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
User of Interest wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 10:38 am
misho92 wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 6:49 am
If Nolan was going to do a sequel to one of his films, it wouldn't be Inception IMO. Most likely it would be Interstellar. I don't think he will ever make a sequel to any of them. But Interstellar lends itself to additional stories, than Inception.
How could it be a sequel to "Interstellar" if Paramount isn't a part of it?
I’m not saying it is a sequel to interstellar. I think this is another original film by Nolan and frankly that’s what I want. What I’m trying to say is that IF Nolan were to do a sequel, Interstellar makes way more sense than Inception. There’s already groundwork for a sequel unlike Inception which had proper closure.

Angus wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 7:16 am
MagnarTheGreat wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 2:42 am
Doesn't WB own the Inception IP...which means they get somebody else to do it like Villeneuve did for Blade Runner 2049 or Chris Nolan steps in and does it himself. And you know the studio probably wants to make a sequel or spin-off to a massively successful first entry, but at the same time wants to keep Nolan happy and don't want to cross him. It's probably only a matter of time either way even if Nolan's new project is not related to Inception.
Excellent points here.
You think Nolan wouldn't have some restriction in his contract for them to not make an Inception sequel without him? It's his baby that he worked over a decade on. I guarantee something was in the contract when TDKR came out.

Ace
According to this guy, One of the sets in Estiona, Tallin is at a former Olympic venue.
https://www.instagram.com/findersbeeper ... 8emd7ws0d8
That has to be the biggest blag I have ever pulled!! Walking into a Chris Nolan (famous for directing Interstellar, The dark Knight , inception)film set pretending we have been invited! This is also a venue from the 1980s Moscow Olympics!!

So the extras in formal attire are there as an audience for some event in the film?

Ace
That would be a good guess.
Apparently the building is the ‘Tallinn Olympic Yachting Centre’.

Stock video/photo of the place.

Last edited by Ace on May 7th, 2019, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apparently this building (assuming they mean the Linnahall) has been closed for renovation for years and is more or less abandoned :think:

neo-noir please

misho92 wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 10:59 am
User of Interest wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 10:38 am
misho92 wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 6:49 am
If Nolan was going to do a sequel to one of his films, it wouldn't be Inception IMO. Most likely it would be Interstellar. I don't think he will ever make a sequel to any of them. But Interstellar lends itself to additional stories, than Inception.
How could it be a sequel to "Interstellar" if Paramount isn't a part of it?
I’m not saying it is a sequel to interstellar. I think this is another original film by Nolan and frankly that’s what I want. What I’m trying to say is that IF Nolan were to do a sequel, Interstellar makes way more sense than Inception. There’s already groundwork for a sequel unlike Inception which had proper closure.
Cobb's story has proper closure. Fischer's story has proper closure.

... but you're saying that the PASIV device can't create other heists for other characters in other parts of the world? That they can't use it for more mind heists and compelling action within the realms of time and gravity? There are an abundance of things they can do with it, and it doesn't have to focus around Cobb & crew at all (as it likely wouldn't, given our cast so far).

While I agree that a narrative sequel isn't exactly in the cards (and frankly I would be opposed to such a notion), I think your post just contains a bit too much naivety to say that book is closed on the sci-fi elements contained within Inception to make some sort of spin-off or prequel.

Let's not forget Nolan expressed interest in developing a video game spin-off of Inception.
Nolan tells Entertainment Weekly that the layered universe of Inception is "a world where a lot of other stories could take place" and that video games are "something I've wanted to explore," but reaffirms that the project is still a "longer-term proposition," meaning it's likely years off.
...that said, I don't think it's actually a spin-off. But I'd be down for it.

I think the whole extraction/inception business was pretty much driven to it's limit already in Inception with all the dreams within dreams and stuff, but Nolan could go in a direction that is less about getting/implanting information. Because of that, as was explained in Inception, the dream worlds had to stay believable and they had to act according to real life rules. But with the concept of dreams a lot more out there stuff is possible in theory, which was already hinted at when Ariadne folds Paris in Inception, but then the film never did anything crazy like it again. If Nolan does an Inception sequel/spinoff/whatever, I'd like him to explore those endless possibilities of dreams more and to get weird with it, kinda like Doctor Strange a little bit? Or do some nightmarish horror stuff?