TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Dunkirk is his masterpiece imo

It's like all his previous films have led to that. Especially when you look at it from a narrative perspective only, it's like the Docking scene in Interstellar, but triple and then the entire film. It's quite a feat I don't think he could've pulled off earlier in his career.

Sanchez wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 10:04 am
Nolan62 wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 10:01 am
with a new way of storytelling and a new use of the IMAX format
According to who?
Me :lol: but seriously I think it's not completely untruthful to assume that it come closer to that idea. But we will see.

Sure, but just maybe don't state it as facts. :)

Sanchez wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 10:19 am
Well yes, my sentence could have been interpreted that way, sorry ;)

It's one cool scene stretched waaay too long in my opinion. I get that I'm in the minority around here, but the lack of story and characters has hurt it greatly in terms of enjoyment and tension.

For me, Interstellar is his masterpiece. The emotional engagement it created, the spectacle, the science behind it, the concepts. It was a real feat to make that movie.

Interstellar is his most emotional while Dunkirk is his most ambitious.
I hope his next film is even more ambitious than Dunkirk.

Sanchez wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 10:19 am
Don't trust any posts without links

Also, don't trust any posts with links

Good advice

Well, I truly hope he puts an end to the dead wife thing lol. I want a female lead at some point from him. Murph almost was (the heart of the film at least).

Nomis wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 10:07 am
Dunkirk is his masterpiece imo

It's like all his previous films have led to that. Especially when you look at it from a narrative perspective only, it's like the Docking scene in Interstellar, but triple and then the entire film. It's quite a feat I don't think he could've pulled off earlier in his career.
How can you even say it?

I mean, don't get me wrong. Dunkirk has a very cool concept that built an interesting and unique cinematic angle, but I don't see how anyone could compare it to the philosophical and psychological depths of the ideas behind inception, Memento, or interstaller..dark Knight, or even the prestige...

I really liked what he did with Dunkirk. But I like my Nolan more psychological, less about technique.