TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Nolan: Hmmmm. *sips tea* What’s a bloody good title that no one’s used yet? *sips tea* Something intelligent sounding. Something that will make the fan boys stroke themselves. *sips tea* something something British something something a palindrome perhaps?? *sips tea*

TENET

*sips tea*

Oku
Angus wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 4:35 pm
I'm definitely thinking of Arrival in terms of the palindrome title here.

There's going to be a "cyclical" nature of time here - events occurring in the past and present simultaneously. Things ending and beginning over and over again.

That 4chan rumor was actually spot on. "Tempus Fugit" was noted as a working title. I bet Kenneth Branagh and Michael Caine are the scientists who discover time travel, and Pattinson and Washington play spies for both the British and American governments who are trying to get hold of the technology first.

Think about it: the military that gets that technology first will be able to control the world and win any war.
I want to believe, because I'm a sucker for time travel.

He fulfilled my dream of seeing him tackle space, and then did it again when he fulfilled my dream of seeing him tackle war.

Now time travel? That would be too good to be true.

If there's time travel then I figure the rules are going to be the same as in Interstellar? Nolan wanted someone to travel faster than the speed of light but Thorne talked him out of that.

All these news, what a great way to end the day!

I like the title and what it means, sounds hella intriguing. I'm also excited about most of the cast and crew Nolan's working with for the first time. It's going to be fun to see how this film will compare to his previous ones.

The short synopsis from the press release got me pumped, this being about "international espionage". Also, filming already underway?! Where have they started, in Estonia?

Oku wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 4:40 pm
Angus wrote:
I'm definitely thinking of Arrival in terms of the palindrome title here.

There's going to be a "cyclical" nature of time here - events occurring in the past and present simultaneously. Things ending and beginning over and over again.

That 4chan rumor was actually spot on. "Tempus Fugit" was noted as a working title. I bet Kenneth Branagh and Michael Caine are the scientists who discover time travel, and Pattinson and Washington play spies for both the British and American governments who are trying to get hold of the technology first.

Think about it: the military that gets that technology first will be able to control the world and win any war.
I want to believe, because I'm a sucker for time travel.

He fulfilled my dream of seeing him tackle space, and then did it again when he fulfilled my dream of seeing him tackle war.

Now time travel? That would be too good to be true.
Again, I think the tittle refers to some conceptual things, but something stylistic rooted in our real time.

In fact, I think Nolan is paying tribute to the great classics and audacious adventurous movie/spy movie, and to all great Hitchcock classics in a certain way.

All of this with his original touch.

Can't fucking wait : 17.07.2020 in IMAX

Angus wrote:
That 4chan rumor was actually spot on.
Mark Rylance and William Fichtner will be in the movie as supporting characters in the future timeline, while Lucy Boynton is in early talks for a pivotal role in the past timeline. James McAvoy is being eyed for a very important role in the past timeline as well.
Spot on indeed.

"i think it's a small-scale film"

It's odd that's he's making a movie about the world of international espionage. Perhaps he's internally conceded he won't make Bond. Also, hopefully and more than likely it will be a more "grounded" take on this as opposed to something à la John Wick.

Can't imagine that he is already filming it, this level of secrecy is so outstanding.

I wonder what are the others countries involved, and if the USA will be part of it.

Geoffrey wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 5:42 pm
Also, hopefully and more than likely it will be a more "grounded" take on this as opposed to something à la John Wick.
Doubt it.