TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
We all know that it will be nothing of what we're speculating from months now.

So, “event film” could mean any one of the following:

A) The film is about a significant event in history, much like how Dunkirk was a film about the significant event of the Dunkirk evacuation.

2) The release of the film is going to be a significant event in itself, where everyone remembers the anticipation and finally getting to see the great phenomenon that is Nolan filmmaking for generations to come.

D) Christopher Nolan and Hoyte Van Hoytema were hired to shoot someone’s wedding in IMAX, and it’s going to be epic.

I think 2) is a guarantee, regardless of what Warner Brothers means by “event film”.

Nicewatch wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 9:56 pm
So, “event film” could mean any one of the following:

A) The film is about a significant event in history, much like how Dunkirk was a film about the significant event of the Dunkirk evacuation.

2) The release of the film is going to be a significant event in itself, where everyone remembers the anticipation and finally getting to see the great phenomenon that is Nolan filmmaking for generations to come.

D) Christopher Nolan and Hoyte Van Hoytema were hired to shoot someone’s wedding in IMAX, and it’s going to be epic.

I think 2) is a guarantee, regardless of what Warner Brothers means by “event film”.
Haha yeah, I'm pretty sure they are meaning option 2. Which unfortunately would pretty much guarantee it isn't the Hughes project.

How soon after the initial release date announcement did we find out that Dunkirk was going to be a WWII film?

Ace
Here’s some of the competition Nolan will be facing...

Sony has just announced they are releasing the next ‘Ghostbusters’ on July 10th 2020 and ‘Morbius’ the Spider-man Villian spin off with Jared Leto on July 31 2020.

Janky Sam wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 10:08 pm
How soon after the initial release date announcement did we find out that Dunkirk was going to be a WWII film?
3 months apart. I doubt it'll be like that this time though.

Bacon wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 10:10 pm
Janky Sam wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 10:08 pm
3 months apart. I doubt it'll be like that this time though.
Could be as early as mid February all the way to April perhaps.

Historical epic (Roman, Medieval, or Greek era).

stanley wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 10:22 pm
Historical epic (Roman, Medieval, or Greek era).
Maybe even biblical. Whatever it is it won’t be a rehash of genres he’s tackled before. I think the one thing you can count on is perhaps time-bending in the editing, but we’re in for something new I think.

What Marvel and DCEU movies are to other people, Nolan movies are to me.