TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Well, it's not Bond. That's a relief.

It's most likely not an existing IP. They probably would've come right out and said it was a franchise movie. Especially to generate hype.

So, that narrows things down quite a bit, in my opinion. We know a lot about what it isn't. It's not anything DC related. It's an "event film", specifically a Summer film, so it's most likely an original big-budget / large scale blockbuster.

I think that's all very relieving.

I also doubt that it's the Howard Hughes film. I feel like they would've just went ahead and said that.

"EVENT" film likely rules out his Howard Hughes film.

reminder that "genre" doesn't really indicate what type of movie Nolan will be making

WWII movies tend to bore me and he turned Dunkirk into an experimental art house masterpiece that's probably his best movie, so

bring on whatever

-Vader

I'm happy that we finally got official announcement regarding his next film. It's been way too long. :thumbup:

Angus wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 8:25 pm
It's most likely not an existing IP. They probably would've come right out and said it was a franchise movie. Especially to generate hype.
I disagree. Either an existing IP or original script, they want it a surprise.

It will be another movie with an experimental narrative.

Oku
TeddyBlass wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 8:22 pm
Oku wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 8:10 pm
TeddyBlass wrote:
January 25th, 2019, 8:02 pm
[...]

(Moving the topic accidentally deleted 11 posts. My bad yall.)
I have eight of the 11(?) missing posts in an open tab, but they're mostly just people expressing excitement, so not that big of a deal, and no point in re-posting them, right?
We'll let them be, thanks tho!
OK, that's what I figured.

--

Only thing that I'm confused about it is how long he can keep IMAX 70mm going.

Because wasn't Interstellar supposed to be the last film IMAX release, or something?

But then Dunkirk happened, and even then, only a handful of IMAX 70mm theaters were left for it to be seen that way.

And I imagine that the situation will be even more dire in 2020.

Oku

Less than 18 months to go. Ooh la la!

It's depressing to say this but even if prints are no longer made in the far future, I hope they keep using the cameras for as long as they possibly can. It's a beautiful capture device that shouldn't be forgotten.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I know it's to early to start a trailer thread but we may are going to have the first teaser sometime between Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and It Chapter 2.