TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Will Smith’s live action Genie prequel.

I feel like we're back to square one even tho we have a release date. GIVE US SOMETHING DAMMIT!

I think that somewhere, it's going to be kinda funny when it's announced.

It's obviously going to be something which cinema today either misses or it's been a long time since we've had it. Like with Dunkirk, the last truly great War film was Saving Private Ryan and that hauls from '98 dammit know what I mean?

And it's fun to know that once this has been released it will have been 10 years since Inception what in the living dream fuck

Nomis wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 7:09 pm

It's obviously going to be something which cinema today either misses or it's been a long time since we've had it.
Well, actually, The Prestige was released at the same time as one of the very few other film about magicians, The illusionist. Interstellar was released one year after Gravity, considered the best space film in years, and Dunkirk eight months after Mel Gibson's film which was considered the best war movie in years. So he's never been really lucky in that sense...
And of course some people ended up comparing Interstellar and Gravity, up to the point where people explained the influence of Gravity over Interstellar, although Nolan publicly said he didn't watch Gravity before finishing Interstellar. Or comparing Hackshaw Ridge and Dunkirk...

Well it's going to be very interesting to find out what he's got in store for us. We're obviously going to analyse it a teeny tiny lil bit.

:gonf:

Demoph wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 7:21 pm
Nomis wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 7:09 pm

It's obviously going to be something which cinema today either misses or it's been a long time since we've had it.
Well, actually, The Prestige was released at the same time as one of the very few other film about magicians, The illusionist. Interstellar was released one year after Gravity, considered the best space film in years, and Dunkirk eight months after Mel Gibson's film which was considered the best war movie in years. So he's never been really lucky in that sense...
And of course some people ended up comparing Interstellar and Gravity, up to the point where people explained the influence of Gravity over Interstellar, although Nolan publicly said he didn't watch Gravity before finishing Interstellar. Or comparing Hackshaw Ridge and Dunkirk...
So all we got to do is look out for a movie this year that reinvigorates the genre in some capacity, and that will give us a clue to what Nolan’s next movie is 👍

I would love a Nolan Western so much. I feel like the chances are slim, but man it'd be something.

I could see him doing Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy and just making something epic and terrifying.

Speaking of Blood Meridian, Emma Thomas had mentioned that he'd be keen to make a Western film and a Horror film... Have we ever considered both: a Western/Horror film? How bananas would that be?

Angus wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 12:44 am
Speaking of Blood Meridian, Emma Thomas had mentioned that he'd be keen to make a Western film and a Horror film... Have we ever considered both: a Western/Horror film? How bananas would that be?
Clint Eastwood kinda flirted with that in High Plains Drifter, but it could be interesting to see someone take that concept full on.

It has begun: I had a dream about this new film, and it was a WW2 movie again, described as a sort of sequel to Dunkirk.