TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Forum Pro
Time Has Come For A New Protagonist
Time Has Come For A New Kind Of Mission

I still doubt it but now I’m thinking this movie is a sequel of sorts to Inception.

After seeing the teaser and reading speculations about it:
What if the reason why Pattinson described the film as innovative, is because it requires the actors to act backwards for a lot of scenes??? :shock: I'm hyped!

The protagonist and new mission taglines are the most compelling clues for me so far that this is set in the Inception universe, but I can also easily imagine that these lines refer to something else entirely. Honestly I believe this is still an original story with original technologies and storylines involved but those lines are written in a way as if they were referring to a previous Nolan film. I don't think it is an Inception-related film, but I can see why some people suspect it - especially after the teaser.

Joshua Strong wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 7:56 am

I still doubt it but now I’m thinking this movie is a sequel of sorts to Inception.
'Time has come ...' could mean 'it is time for ...' or that 'Time has caught up with ...'. If the former, it would be more usual to write it as 'The time has come ...', rather than 'Time has come ...'. Which makes me believe it is intended to be the latter. Although the ambiguity is no doubt deliberate.

Nonjuror wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 8:31 am
Joshua Strong wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 7:56 am

'Time has come ...' could mean 'it is time for ...' or that 'Time has caught up with ...'. If the former, it would be more usual to write it as 'The time has come ...', rather than 'Time has come ...'. Which makes me believe it is intended to be the latter. Although the ambiguity is no doubt deliberate.
Maybe we'll know more if the teaser is out in other languages. I'm not sure though how much influence Nolan/the studio has on the translation usually.
I remember it was a big deal with Star Wars: the last Jedi. English speaking people wondered wheter it was ment as a singular or plural with Jedi, as it could be both. When the German title released, it said: "Die letzten Jedi". This is plural only and not ambiguous in German.

I noticed that someone mirrored the trailer so you see it forwards and backwards side-by-side, so it looks like you see a cool mirror of one shot at the 30 second mark.
This actually isn't anything significant, because it's at the precise middle of the video. You can take ANY video and go to its precise middle, and you will have a perfect mirror of the image on both sides. :lol:

So basically, nothing special to see here.

alitastellar wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 7:00 am
ChristMAX wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 3:55 am
The gas mask is a way to shoot dialogue with IMAX?
that literally makes no sense. no, they aren't using it for dialogue. :lol:
IMAX cameras aren't good for shooting dialogue scenes because apparently they create really loud noises which can drown out the dialogues.

So it's entirely possible that the gas masks are equipped with built-in microphones to record dialogues better. They did the same thing with Interstellar (microphones are equipped inside of the astronauts' helmet.)

Forum Pro
Bale Fan wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:38 am
alitastellar wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 7:00 am
ChristMAX wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 3:55 am
The gas mask is a way to shoot dialogue with IMAX?
that literally makes no sense. no, they aren't using it for dialogue. :lol:
IMAX cameras aren't good for shooting dialogue scenes because apparently they create really loud noises which can drown out the dialogues.

So it's entirely possible that the gas masks are equipped with built-in microphones to record dialogues better. They did the same thing with Interstellar (microphones are equipped inside of the astronauts' helmet.)
They did something similar on Fallout during the Halo jump scene.

I hope this is a completely original idea and concept. Wouldn't be that disappointed if it was connected to Inception. I just always felt Nolan wasn't into connected universe type stuff.

Griffg63 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 2:05 pm
I hope this is a completely original idea and concept. Wouldn't be that disappointed if it was connected to Inception. I just always felt Nolan wasn't into connected universe type stuff.
The fact is that we already know at 99% that this is a new original movie, Nolan is always driven by creating new concept, idea and stories and always in a suprising way and by inventing new technical, way of filming.
So no doubt it will be something new, completely different and something he hasn't deliver and done before.

But now, I just have the impression that because Nolan is bringing a new conceptual action thriller, they always need to link it to Inception, but I don't know why.