TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
atilasantos wrote:
December 5th, 2019, 11:29 pm
Sam Mendes really loves Nolan's work
The first Christopher Nolan film since Batman Begins (2005) not to be edited by Lee Smith. Smith was unavailable due to his work on 1917 (2019). Nolan hired editor Jennifer Lame to replace him.
Damn, so no Zimmer or Smith

speedy117 wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 12:43 am
atilasantos wrote:
The first Christopher Nolan film since Batman Begins (2005) not to be edited by Lee Smith. Smith was unavailable due to his work on 1917 (2019). Nolan hired editor Jennifer Lame to replace him.
Its good that sam has deakins or else he might tried to nick wally lol.

Now it's wrapped. Costume department is done.

Ace
Interview with Imax Corporation CEO Richard Gelfond
Guerrasio: Christopher Nolan's "Tenet" was filmed with Imax cameras, right?

Gelfond: Yes.

Guerrasio: Have you seen any of it?

Gelfond: I have not. Imax employees have seen parts of it but they have NDAs so they won't share that with me. But I've heard it's spectacular and the special effects are fantastic.

Guerrasio: "Tenet" is one of the movies coming out in 2020 that were shot on Imax cameras, an all-time high. Do you guys actively go out and pitch the cameras to filmmakers and producers or do they come to you?

Gelfond: Both. There's a stable of filmmakers, the one who has used them the most is Chris Nolan, he came to us. But we do actively go out and meet with the studios and the filmmakers and present it. For 2020, there's at least five films that have used Imax cameras, and some are the most anticipated films of the year. The Bond movie, "No Time To Die," "Wonder Woman 1984," Chris' film "Tenet," and "Top Gun: Maverick." We think in the crowded marketplace it's a way to distinguish your offering and I think other prominent directors thinks so, too.
https://www.businessinsider.com/imax-c ... ?r=US&IR=T

Ace wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 1:05 pm
Interview with Imax Corporation CEO Richard Gelfond
Guerrasio: Christopher Nolan's "Tenet" was filmed with Imax cameras, right?

Gelfond: Yes.

Guerrasio: Have you seen any of it?

Gelfond: I have not. Imax employees have seen parts of it but they have NDAs so they won't share that with me. But I've heard it's spectacular and the special effects are fantastic.

Guerrasio: "Tenet" is one of the movies coming out in 2020 that were shot on Imax cameras, an all-time high. Do you guys actively go out and pitch the cameras to filmmakers and producers or do they come to you?

Gelfond: Both. There's a stable of filmmakers, the one who has used them the most is Chris Nolan, he came to us. But we do actively go out and meet with the studios and the filmmakers and present it. For 2020, there's at least five films that have used Imax cameras, and some are the most anticipated films of the year. The Bond movie, "No Time To Die," "Wonder Woman 1984," Chris' film "Tenet," and "Top Gun: Maverick." We think in the crowded marketplace it's a way to distinguish your offering and I think other prominent directors thinks so, too.
https://www.businessinsider.com/imax-c ... ?r=US&IR=T
Interesting. It only makes you think more about the film lol. And the special effects are fantastic... I wonder where in the movie that will apply the most (since he made an emphasis on that too) considering how little of it Nolan uses most of the time. We’ll see what he has in store.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 2:34 am
speedy117 wrote:
atilasantos wrote:

You mean Hoyte? Nolan hasn't used Wally since TDKR

Special effects huh can't wait!

hotsauce32 wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:08 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 2:34 am
speedy117 wrote:

You mean Hoyte? Nolan hasn't used Wally since TDKR
Specially after he stopped being Nolan`s DP, i think Hoyte even had is Sam Mendes moment in Spectre.