TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Flutterby wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 4:40 am
I was thinking about the cars going backwards thingy, and I realize it didn't make much sense:

1. If Nolan plans to reverse the sequence, then all the cars would be going forward and the main characters (supposedly) backwards right? Isn't it easier to film the cars going forward and only JDW or Pattinson going backwards directly?

2. If Nolan doesn't reverse the sequence, then isn't easier too to film the cars going forward, then reverse it?

Is my brain unable to function properly or does it seem he made it more difficult than it could be?

Any insight guys?
What comes to my mind about it (cause right now we are pretty much in the dark about any details) is that I don’t think that Nolan would get such a high budget for an original film if it didn’t make sense at least considering that the reported money to make this new film is even higher than inception’s. So it doesn’t make sense for the moment of course but I think he’ll surprise us like he has done in the past and if someone can manage to make something interesting out of that concept, it would him. That’s our comfort for now.

Flutterby wrote:
I was thinking about the cars going backwards thingy, and I realize it didn't make much sense:

1. If Nolan plans to reverse the sequence, then all the cars would be going forward and the main characters (supposedly) backwards right? Isn't it easier to film the cars going forward and only JDW or Pattinson going backwards directly?

2. If Nolan doesn't reverse the sequence, then isn't easier too to film the cars going forward, then reverse it?

Is my brain unable to function properly or does it seem he made it more difficult than it could be?

Any insight guys?
You don't think the protagonist is going to walk forward and rather be in a world where everything around him goes in reverse? My guess is that that sequence will be played normally.

It really doesn't make sense if the characters are the ones in reverse. How would dialogue work?

Flutterby wrote:

Any insight guys?
If the guys are reversing through time to "fix" something, then it makes sense that the cars would be going forward and they backward, but by shooting it the opposite way, it should have a crazy effect.

misho92 wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 11:31 am
I never believed this... There’s no way this film will take 7 months to finish shooting. I think we will hear they’ve wrapped shooting by next month. Remember, shooting schedules always plan more than they actually need.
Believe what you want, but you were wrong.

senseandsarcasm wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 9:29 am
Flutterby wrote:

Any insight guys?
If the guys are reversing through time to "fix" something, then it makes sense that the cars would be going forward and they backward, but by shooting it the opposite way, it should have a crazy effect.
that sounds exciting

radewart wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 11:50 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5J4_1thVXY/

Officially Done, now??
Probably, did a little digging, found him on Imdb listed as lead art department in India and Estonia, still he probably went on working as an assistant until the wrap.
Last edited by Nicolaslabra on November 23rd, 2019, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Special One wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 12:13 am
radewart wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 11:50 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5J4_1thVXY/

Officially Done, now??
jamesonbuston
And that’s a wrap!
8 months
7 countries
97 shoot days
Only 97 shoot day ? It's very little for a blockbuster... (for exemple Skyfall was 195 shoot days and Spectre 212).

Does anyone know what film was Nolan's longest in terms of filming days?