TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ruth wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 2:45 pm
Stop it dudes. I though we had grown out of the “nolan’s movies are only for le intellectualz” phase
but how else can his fans feel superior ruth

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 3:15 pm
Ruth wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 2:45 pm
Stop it dudes. I though we had grown out of the “nolan’s movies are only for le intellectualz” phase
but how else can his fans feel superior ruth

-Vader
also how else can we look even more stupid than we already do

I for one think that Nolans films arent so much filled with subtext (they are but not as much as some think they are), as they are interesting excersices in filmmaking it self, its about the craft, and of exciting and new narratives, i feel Denis Villeneuve films go a little bit deeper on the subject of themes, while Chris likes to explore new ways of constructing and crafting the narrative, merging generes, both with equal merit in filmmaking, both my favourite.

I like comparing Chris Nolan with Radiohead, both appeal to large audiences, but theres a smaller part of that audience who apreciates the content a little bit more.

Sharkboy wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Newsflash. Christopher Nolan’s films are smartly made, but by no means are they the smartest films out there. He’s not exactly making high brow art house cinema like Wong kar wai, Tarkovsky or Jodorowsky etc. He makes classy popcorn cinema nothing more or less.

Your mistake is thinking one is better than the other (because those names above have also made some real stinkers amongst their classics) and this anti-blockbuster unearned pretentiousness from a lot of Nolan’s fans is exactly why a lot of critics backlash against Nolan (or mainly his rabid misguided section of his fan base)

Nolan is making popcorn flicks and he wants as many of ‘those kind of fans’ to watch it, because believe it or not, that’s his main audience.
I started this discussion and I'll leave it right now. OK, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not part of this "main audience" because I don't watch almost nothing of these other summer blockbusters in cinema. That's OK. Who cares?
Nomis wrote:
August 6th, 2019, 2:47 pm
how about all you non-avy users get sum avys
Here we go.

Ace
The marine Coordinator Neil Andrea included all the places they are filming in his Instagram post.

Ace wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 10:16 am
The marine Coordinator Neil Andrea included all the places they are filming in his Instagram post.
Denmark?!?!?!
Last edited by Nomis on August 7th, 2019, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: use spoiler tags if you quote/reply like that smh

Marine coordinator meaning he'll work at all those locations too? i.e. a lot of water set scenes and such?

User of Interest wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 10:20 am
Ace wrote:
August 7th, 2019, 10:16 am
Denmark?!?!?!
Wait, they already shot in L.A?

I'm guessing that because of the order he posted L.A - Estonia - Italy - London - Norway - Denmark- India - L.A.

Maybe L.A is a lot of closed set shots.

Typically, yes. TDKR did it that way.

Angus wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 1:21 pm
Batman's Batman wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 1:16 pm
What if the movie sucks and bombs?
As in, it will suck our minds out of our heads and bomb all the other movies in the box office?
Yes, exactly what I meant.