TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
anikom15 wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 5:03 am
Still not seeing any evidence that this is going to be anything but a smaller film.
Yet theres no evidence that its going to be a smaller film, all there is; is common sense, which clearly seems to be sparse here.

‘Big massive blockbuster in IMAX’ is from the same quote we’ve had for weeks. (Am I wrong?) I’m just saying there’s no new information here.

We’ll see when the budget numbers come out.

Well, the new information is Pattinson describing it as a personal independent film with HUGE SCALE! Again HUGE SCALE is the key word here.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 11:36 am
Well, the new information is Pattinson describing it as a personal independent film with HUGE SCALE! Again HUGE SCALE is the key word here.
No. He talked about his movies in general.
Jesus Christ...

CASE wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 11:39 am
Jesus Christ...
Well, you can infer that this film would follow the same direction. Why would it be different?

How many times do we have to go over this again?
-IMAX
-Summer release
-The man himself said he's going to continue making huge scaled films because he's privileged to do so, while also bringing something new to the table.

All of this is pointing to the idea that it's gonna be a big scaled project. What evidence do you people have that gave you the conclusion it's the opposite?

On top of that, why would Pattinson be alluding to anything else when he's saying why he is drawn to Nolan in the first place?

"Oh, I like this one chef because they really know how to handle that vegan diet, man. So he whipped up this one meal for me and it was unreal! What was the meal, you ask? A 20-oz. Porterhouse steak."

"I hired this one tutor because I heard that he is great with teaching high schoolers multivariable calculus. So he tutors my kid now, and he is unreal! What course is my kid struggling in, you wonder? Second grade Spanish."

I mean, Pattinson is sworn to secrecy to let us a little more in on what it's involving, but I don't think he's going to pull a complete 180 like these bizarre testimonials above. That wouldn't make any sense to close off with something that is far different than what they claim to describe the person as.

And I'm not saying anybody here is wrong when they say it will be smaller, we really do not know. I am saying however that you are completely going against the Occam's razor principle. There is nothing that indicates that this film will be "small" (which is all relative and varies person to person). The point is, if it's big, we are able to say "I told you so" because it is substantiated; if it is small, you are not able to say "I told you so" because you played off whatever hunch you had. You just threw shit at a wall that happened to stick.
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on April 5th, 2019, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 11:53 am
CASE wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 11:39 am
Jesus Christ...
Well, you can infer that this film would follow the same direction. Why would it be different?

How many times do we have to go over this again?
-IMAX
-Summer release
-The man himself said he's going to continue making huge scaled films because he's privileged to do so, while also bringing something new to the table.

All of this is pointing to the idea that it's gonna be a big scaled project. What evidence do you people have that gave you the conclusion it's the opposite?
I'm just saying that Pattinson didn't say it about THIS movie.

He just said something about 'unreal' script.
Holy sh*t, he said something positive about the movie where he'll be in it. So?

Just calm down everybody.
All we've heard to this point are nothing more than banals about Nolan - 'original', 'huge', 'personal but huge', 'trying to reinvent the genres' etc. etc.
No sh*t... Where the news?

PS. I think this movie will be 'big'.

In that case, we should dismiss all interviews of any cast and crew for any film pre-release. They mean nothing. Heck, trailers and TV spots shouldn't be shown, either. They only hype up the good stuff yo. Let's annex anything that isn't purely objective, because there isn't any way to spin it negatively.

I get what you're saying, but "unreal" isn't often used for singing high praises. I don't even know if that could be used to describe The Shawshank Redemption. Nolan has a certain flair for the theatrical whose words jump off the page, like Inception does. No, not just instances where it says: "The hallway spins; they fight." Also when explaining a scenario concerning Mal's death, or the Mr. Charles gambit. These are things that tie to the larger themes and plot elements, and you just don't see that in the cinema all the time, especially not when combined with something on a bigger scale.

And look, I miss the quietness of Memento and The Prestige, I really do. I hope that one day he'll go back to that, and say that IMAX is not a necessary component to every film (save a landscape shot if he so chose, but I could go with the consistency personally). But what I also like about what he says here is that I know that he's not just shooting the next Fast & Furious film. He boldly goes another step deeper into the abyss for what can be done practically, on a grand scale, and with a little ingenuity in the writing... and WB allows for him to do that.

So when Pattinson says that he likes Nolan for painting intimate ideas on a large canvas, what he read was "unreal," and that they have to be really hush-hush about it... I just like the idea that we are being treated with something special yet again. The man's track record speaks for itself, and I'm not one who's particularly as fond about Dunkirk as everyone else here (according to its NFometer).

CASE wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 12:09 pm
I'm just saying that Pattinson didn't say it about THIS movie.

He just said something about 'unreal' script.
Holy sh*t, he said something positive about the movie where he'll be in it. So?

Just calm down everybody.
All we've heard to this point are nothing more than banals about Nolan - 'original', 'huge', 'personal but huge', 'trying to reinvent the genres' etc. etc.
No sh*t... Where the news?

PS. I think this movie will be 'big'.
So.. why are you coming after me? :lol:
Yes, maybe I did misunderstand what Pattinson said thinking he was describing the new film.

Some users here like to keep opening up the subject by writing "I still think the film is going to be small" bullshit every now and then while there are key pieces of information that nullify that claim. But when a piece of news came out that kind of, almost gave a hint to the scale of the project, of course the excitement will increase.