TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
misho92 wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 4:22 am
Is it crazy to think that we won't be getting any real concrete news on this until April?
I don't know what to say man, but no I don't think it's crazy. I would be fine not hearing anything until next April.

I love the conversations on here, though.

William Blake wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 12:37 am
Well IP can be taken broadly in it's definition, it doesn't necessarily mean 'comic-book movie'; though that's mainly what the industry shorthand signifies these days.

Insomnia was a remake of another film. The Batman trilogy: a comic book adaptation that was very much filtered through his individual point of view; it didn't have the feel of a company film like a Marvel movie by any stretch (Or let's say Justice League for that matter). The Prestige was based off of a novel. Even Memento was a short story idea when he wrote his script. And Interstellar was a pre-existing concept/script before he came on board and re-wrote it.

I 100% feel you when it comes to his mandate to choose an original story to tell given the massive sway he has at WB, however, what I'm basically saying is that even if it's a known property - it'll be as original and personal to Nolan as possible. I don't think he'd look at it as 'losing time making an IP' if it's something he absolutely wants to do next. And that could come from anywhere in the media landscape, not just like the world of comics, etc.

I know what you mean though and I'd say it has a 90% chance of being wrought from wholly new cloth in terms of subject matter. That's where all the signs point post Dunkirk. Yet there is a 10% chance nagging at me that it's a grand adaptation of something that exists already, and adapted by CN to be specific to his style of film-making, that's all.
I see your point. As long as he can make original things/ideas as personal as he wants. That's the essential.

I can't stop thinking about what he said during this conference in London to promote creation and to said that it's important to reinvente genres to highlight movietheater experience, this new project will be uniquely special.

Nothing new in his philosophy.

Forum Pro
Law

Any news from the North?

I still think a Cloverfield situation from 2007 would be super neat for this. That movie was crazy successful too, so that's proof that it can be done.

That film had a 25M budget...

AhmadAli95 wrote:
March 11th, 2019, 1:32 pm
That film had a 25M budget...
But the trailer didn't have "From Christopher Nolan". :lol: