TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
gropercity wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 6:27 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 6:18 am
gropercity wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 5:46 am

He did say it was the length of four movies. He wasn't kidding.
I believe he said three.
Same difference. It's freaking long. That's the point.
Wait the movie will be the length of 3 movies?

"The Stephen King adaptation and Nolan's latest film both tackle themes of time"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ce=twitter

Came across this from the "Hollywood Reporter" today. Frankly, it's a bunch of nothing speculation, and one of us who regularly post on this forum could come up with something more substantial, but it's, at least, something from a major publication.

speedy117 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 5:15 pm
gropercity wrote:
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 6:18 am

I believe he said three.
I don't think so, Interstellar was very close to some kind of limit, and he won't give up analog filmmaking. He might thought that the script is very massive and has so many ideas that could have been enough for 3 movies.

quervo wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 5:49 pm
speedy117 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 5:15 pm
gropercity wrote:

I don't think so, Interstellar was very close to some kind of limit, and he won't give up analog filmmaking. He might thought that the script is very massive and has so many ideas that could have been enough for 3 movies.
Pattinson was likely exaggerating and he may have meant 3 times the length of the average movies he had been making

He’s probably talking about the length of the shoot. Since he’s been doing small independent films, 5-6 months is a super long shoot compared to those films which are probably shot in a couple of weeks.

I interpreted it as him talking about the complexity of the plot being like three movies combined. I remember him saying how nuts the script was the first time he read it.

radewart wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 5:33 pm
"The Stephen King adaptation and Nolan's latest film both tackle themes of time"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ce=twitter

Came across this from the "Hollywood Reporter" today. Frankly, it's a bunch of nothing speculation, and one of us who regularly post on this forum could come up with something more substantial, but it's, at least, something from a major publication.
yeah that was dumb

https://www.wired.com/2014/02/visual-palindrome/

Don’t know if this has already been posted here or if anyone has seen it but I found it while looking for examples of palindromes in films given that Tenet is coming. Both the video and the article are interesting.

I was thinking about the cars going backwards thingy, and I realize it didn't make much sense:

1. If Nolan plans to reverse the sequence, then all the cars would be going forward and the main characters (supposedly) backwards right? Isn't it easier to film the cars going forward and only JDW or Pattinson going backwards directly?

2. If Nolan doesn't reverse the sequence, then isn't easier too to film the cars going forward, then reverse it?

Is my brain unable to function properly or does it seem he made it more difficult than it could be?

Any insight guys?

Flutterby wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 4:40 am
I was thinking about the cars going backwards thingy, and I realize it didn't make much sense:

1. If Nolan plans to reverse the sequence, then all the cars would be going forward and the main characters (supposedly) backwards right? Isn't it easier to film the cars going forward and only JDW or Pattinson going backwards directly?

2. If Nolan doesn't reverse the sequence, then isn't easier too to film the cars going forward, then reverse it?

Is my brain unable to function properly or does it seem he made it more difficult than it could be?

Any insight guys?
My guess is that Nolan wants these scenes to be shot "in camera" as much as possible. Maybe only the speed will be changed in post for these car scenes.