TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Insomniac wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 6:21 pm
Wanting to do a Bond movie is not enough though.
I'm pretty sure the man can do whatever he wants to do. Especially if schedules/reboots happen the way they are right now (and matching up quite well). Stop acting like it's outside the realm of possibility.

Bacon wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 6:26 pm
Insomniac wrote:
February 8th, 2019, 6:21 pm
Wanting to do a Bond movie is not enough though.
I'm pretty sure the man can do whatever he wants to do. Especially if schedules/reboots happen the way they are right now (and matching up quite well). Stop acting like it's outside the realm of possibility.
The fact that Nolan's next film will end its promotion by the time the James Bond producer will start working on the 26 film could also help. But there have been many no-brainer that never happen. Like how the hell did SW6 ended up being directed by Marquand after Spielberg, Lynch and Cronenberg were offered the job? Also how would Syncopy and EON work together? Would Nolan and Thomas be credited as producer or executive producer? Would Nolan be credited as writer and director, which has never happened in the franchise?
But whether he ends up doing a Bond or not, I definitely don't see his next film be part of a franchise. Nor the adaptation of a famous book/comic or remake/sequel of a film.
By the way, Nolan said that he chose not to rewatch 2001 or watch in cinema Gravity whilst working on Interstellar, so given he rewatched 2001 dozens of time last year and went to the cinema to watch First Man, I'd suppose his next film won't be in space.

He might be doing a James Bond one day,and not necessarly the 26th (even if at this point of his work it seems unlikely, he will continue to create his own ideas, not that writing a Bond story won't be his idea, by own idea I mean story which are not based on pre-existing characters). But if it's the case, I would prefer him to do just only one,with a story to be sufficient unto itself.

My speculation/wish is for something Arthur C. Clarke.

Nolan has talked about the impact of seeing 2001 at age 7.

In 2018 he helped restore a film print of 2001:
https://variety.com/2018/artisans/produ ... 202811669/

Cannes interview with Nolan about 2001
https://www.filmcomment.com/blog/interv ... her-nolan/

There are a number of Arthur C. Clarke novels that don't have films.

The remainder of Space Odyssey
2061: Odyssey Three (1987)
3001: The Final Odyssey (1997)

Time Odyssey <--- oooo "time" (Earth becomes a patchwork of historical times)
Time's Eye (2003) (with Stephen Baxter)
Sunstorm (2005) (with Stephen Baxter)
Firstborn (2007) (with Stephen Baxter)

And the never successfully made...
Rendezvous with Rama
[...]
In late 2008, Fincher stated the movie is unlikely to be made. "It looks like it's not going to happen. There's no script and as you know, Morgan Freeman's not in the best of health right now. We've been trying to do it but it's probably not going to happen."[9] However, in 2010 it was announced that the film was still planned for future production and both Freeman and Fincher mentioned it as still needing a worthy script.[10]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C. ... ia#In_film

Rama is good (even the sequel books are decent, even if very different from the tone of the first book) but it has nothing to do with Nolan's style. It's a very "quiet" story.

Lionheart wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 1:23 pm
Rama is good (even the sequel books are decent, even if very different from the tone of the first book) but it has nothing to do with Nolan's style. It's a very "quiet" story.
True. Very much just observing.

Time's Eye, on the other hand, is very active and intense from what I remember.

waiting for news on this film like

Cilogy wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 5:45 pm
waiting for news on this film like

Seriously

dormouse7 wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 10:58 am
And the never successfully made...
Rendezvous with Rama
Clarke would be great, I'd like to see a 2001/2010 sequel one day.

He used the space station design of the Rama in Interstellar at the end, I think it was a a part of easter egg-ish things that referred to the Clarke/Kubrick collaboration (space station waltz, TARS and CASE as walking monoliths). I'm pretty sure he loves Clarke's novels.