TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Jesus Christ(opher) Nolan, announce something already.

This is becoming very unusual for a big movie that's coming out in 16 months. We don't even have a title? Makes no sense.

Angus wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 7:08 pm
This is becoming very unusual for a big movie that's coming out in 16 months. We don't even have a title? Makes no sense.
They probably do a big info dump press release within 1-3 weeks. They're just not concerned about early marketing/visibility because Nolan's brand is so big.

Tourmie wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Angus wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 7:08 pm
They probably do a big info dump press release within 1-3 weeks. They're just not concerned about early marketing/visibility because Nolan's brand is so big.
I'd imagine you're right. It's just weird that the first actual announcement was the Date, and then the second announcement is the Title, the Lead Cast, the Genre, etc. Just seems unusual. Studios like to give little pieces every few weeks or so, not just reveal it all in one go. What if it ends up being underwhelming (not for us obviously)?

I would've thought it went down like this:
- Friday, Jan. 25: Release Date announced
- Friday, Feb. 8: Title Revealed
- Friday, Feb. 22: Main Lead announced
- Friday, Mar. 5: Other cast announced
- Friday, Mar. 22: WB press release with vague synopsis / genre

I don't think the Warner want to make any real announced before the first teaser. It's the press that will release news before (I hope).

Angus wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 7:54 pm

I would've thought it went down like this:
- Friday, Jan. 25: Release Date announced
- Friday, Feb. 8: Title Revealed
- Friday, Feb. 22: Main Lead announced
- Friday, Mar. 5: Other cast announced
- Friday, Mar. 22: WB press release with vague synopsis / genre
Friday is generally not the day to make big announcements. The Friday news dump is when you release things that you do not want to be talked about all week. When they release the title and/or cast it will not be on a Friday.

With the release date they must have thought it was not a big deal, which is generally true.

One insider described the pic as a massive, innovative, action blockbuster, which will again be shown in Imax.

Innovator wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 5:00 pm
One insider described the pic as a massive, innovative, action blockbuster, which will again be shown in Imax.
:lol:

Ya hear that? Not a small film, not an IP, but a massive, innovative, action blockbuster!!!