TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Insomniac wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 8:58 am
I keep coming back to this thought:

Nolan would never ever admit this but doesn't it somehow feel like his last two movies have been almost like responses to common conceptions of him. Interstellar feels like a response to the criticism that he's cold and unemotional and cynical. Dunkirk is the response to the complaints that he's overly obsessed with plot and exposition.

In other words, female lead (or even female leads) is almost a certainty I think.
I think a male and female co-lead is more likely imo.

Sharkboy wrote:
January 28th, 2019, 2:03 pm
I don't think he should adapt anything that he's not willing to change massively (like the prestige) a well known famous book wouldn't really lend well to that I guess. Just an original idea please we have enough adaptations.
I tend to always agree with this. But you can still extract an incredible original idea from the core of novels and non fictions. I threw Tommyknockers around as one that could be grounded in supernatural; rather than horror. It would allow Nolan to dabble in the "horror" genre, without actually committing. Truth is - there's almost zero chance in my mind that Nolan does anything similar to that, or his previous films.
prowlercomesaround wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 8:07 am
The_Maestro wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 7:25 am
An adaptation of Kubrick's unmade Napoleon script.
That's Fukunaga's project now

Nolan's next will be a climbing movie
:clap: ... now we are going somewhere.

I wouldn't rule out an expedition film. Why hasn't someone done a visionary film on Shackleton yet? :think:

prowlercomesaround wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 8:07 am
Nolan's next will be a climbing movie.
A sequel to Cliffhanger with Stallone? :lol:

The_Maestro wrote:
now THAT would be exciting

The_Maestro wrote:
An Englishman taking on Napoléon is not a good idea.

Especially not after his depiction of the French at Dunkirk.

MyCocaine wrote:
January 29th, 2019, 1:56 pm
The_Maestro wrote:
An Englishman taking on Napoléon is not a good idea.

Especially not after his depiction of the French at Dunkirk.
I seem to remember three grizzled, hardened French riflemen holding the line while the boyish English soldier ran away to the beach...

Oku
I love[ how the French are depicted in Dunkirk's opening scene; the bitter glares, the sarcastic four words that nails the geopolitical situation on the ground, and the French valiantly fighting back as Tommy runs toward the beach.

Quantity/screen-time-wise, though? Yeah, I could definitely see the argument that they should have been in it more.

But to get back on topic, absolutely no way that Napoleon is happening...for one simple reason: Mr. Nolan would consider it a necessity that a film like that be authentic and in French, which itself can't happen because general audiences hate reading subtitles.

Insomniac wrote:
I keep coming back to this thought:

Nolan would never ever admit this but doesn't it somehow feel like his last two movies have been almost like responses to common conceptions of him. Interstellar feels like a response to the criticism that he's cold and unemotional and cynical.

In other words, female lead (or even female leads) is almost a certainty I think.
I don't think Interstellar was a response to that. I don't think Nolan pays any attention to his naysayers on the Internet, since he made it very clear that he doesn't use Internet. Especially to read opinions of those who have no clue of what they're talking about. His first Batman movie is probably the most schmaltzy, emotion-driven superhero movie after Spider-Man films by Sam Raimi. Inception is all built on heart and emotions. Those naysayers, of course, can say that all of that schmaltz and emotion was forced, but then they will be just making excuses.

Insomniac wrote:
I don't think Nolan pays any attention to his naysayers on the Internet, since he made it very clear that he doesn't use Internet.
What, he doesn't read the Nolan Fans Forums?! :o

I bet Nolan is aware of this place. WB has to be, at least.

:ninja: