TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Lance Klusenar, former Screenwriter at William Morris Endeavor

I know someone who read the early draft of the script for this movie.
The summary is basically, someone/organization is trying to bury the truth about unexplained murders of politicians. That’s what we see in the teaser trailer. John David Washington stumbles upon a crime scene just when it is about to be erased. The bullet holes through a glass panel are about to disappear when he inspects them.

From there he goes to various spies from different continents/countries trying to find clues and secrets about the people who are assassinating these politicians without any trace. Ultimately its involves some sort of time manipulation and reverse time loops which he overcomes to uncover the truth and expose the truth before civil unrest settles in.

The Special One wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:03 am

The summary is basically, someone/organization is trying to bury the truth about unexplained murders of politicians. That’s what we see in the teaser trailer. John David Washington stumbles upon a crime scene just when it is about to be erased. The bullet holes through a glass panel are about to disappear when he inspects them.

From there he goes to various spies from different continents/countries trying to find clues and secrets about the people who are assassinating these politicians without any trace. Ultimately its involves some sort of time manipulation and reverse time loops which he overcomes to uncover the truth and expose the truth before civil unrest settles in.
just saw this on reddit...although this is an interesting plotline, I wouldn't take his word because Nolan made it clear that only specific people were able to read the screenplay, and when they did, it was in a locked room...additionally, they had to sign NDAs and I don't think a prominent screenwriter's colleague would breach that NDA. I looked into this post (which was put up on Quora) and it seems to be another fake interpretation...I've read many other apparent plotline claims bc they "read the screenplay" and every single plotline claim is completely different from one another. One person claimed that the premise of the movie was to go back in time to stop the airing of "that 70s show"...lol I'm not gonna fall for that one

Additionally, I just wanted to say that I'm so glad I found this forum last month. Y'all have awesome theories and we've had some great discussions and I like how we debate and give criticism which leads to further discussion and speculation...on the flip side, whenever I go on reddit, I notice that a lot (not all) of the r/tenet page is a bunch of clutter and everyone seems to be overly opinionated and closeminded towards an unreleased movie that is a massive secret lol :gonf:

Transcendence sequel confirmed!

The Special One wrote:

It doesn't really sound like something you build a 220 million dollar movie around. Also, how is any of this "worse than nuclear holocaust"?

The Special One wrote:

reads like something you can cook up in under 5 mins if you've seen the trailer/prologue.

rotas wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 2:40 am
The Special One wrote:

just saw this on reddit...although this is an interesting plotline, I wouldn't take his word because Nolan made it clear that only specific people were able to read the screenplay, and when they did, it was in a locked room...additionally, they had to sign NDAs and I don't think a prominent screenwriter's colleague would breach that NDA. I looked into this post (which was put up on Quora) and it seems to be another fake interpretation...I've read many other apparent plotline claims bc they "read the screenplay" and every single plotline claim is completely different from one another. One person claimed that the premise of the movie was to go back in time to stop the airing of "that 70s show"...lol I'm not gonna fall for that one
I absolutely agree with this. Nolan even has special "red" paper so that nothing can be photocopied. No way does a "prominent" screenwriter spill the beans on this one from a director that is SO known for absolute secrecy.

And honestly -- there's nothing in this that cannot be deduced from what we saw in the trailer. Sounds like a total guess based on what we saw.

Forum Pro
Law
For years, Christopher Nolan fans yearned for the filmmaker to do a James Bond movie. Instead they'll get this mysterious spy thriller that, like his twisty heist film "Inception," uses its genre "to give an audience a sort of familiar grounding at the beginning of the tale, but then take them someplace hopefully they haven't been before," says Nolan, who grew up "loving that idea about escapist cinema and a movie that can take you all over the world and follow one particular character through a great adventure." The hero of "Tenet," played by John David Washington, is "a very kinetic" figure "with the ability to draw an audience in (where) you watch the story through their eyes."
news to me

senseandsarcasm wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 9:49 am
speedy117 wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 2:16 pm
This shot looks really good! What do you guys think the gas masks are for?
I'm guessing when zipping through time, there is no oxygen? :shifty:
I have heard this theory, but how would that make sense? We've seen time reverse and they aren't wearing it. Maybe use them before time reverses? Idk