TENET - General Information/Discussion/Speculation

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on July 17, 2020.
Posts: 41
Joined: December 2019
quervo wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 1:25 pm
rotas wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 9:14 pm
If anybody has seen the set gift Instagram post, I caught onto something that seems a little off...
If you look at the sator square gift, the bottom word is rotaG, rather than rotaS. There is no historical evidence/occurrence of the sator square containing the letter "G" in any square. So I'm assuming this is where Nolan puts his own special touch in play. Not sure what the significance of this is yet, but I just thought I'd point it out. Additionally, if you have seen the prologue, notice that the opening shot pans out and you see that the audience in this particular section is in Row G at the Opera house + when JDW goes back out in the audience to dismantle the charges, it appears that they were only planted in one section (maybe Row G?) If Tenet does in fact follow a storyline that is a palindrome, I assume that there will also be some significance here too.
I think it's just a puzzle, there are cubes which contain letter I and H, neither of them are parts of the Rotas square. I'm sure the "G" square has a side with an "S", or maybe another cube has that. Or...it is a possibility there's only one way to solve it, and they got it this way (unsolved), and they have to start it over to have the full square.
yeah that's what I eventually figured out

Posts: 85
Joined: October 2014
Location: Budapest, Hungary
rotas wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 4:45 pm
quervo wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 1:25 pm
rotas wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 9:14 pm
If anybody has seen the set gift Instagram post, I caught onto something that seems a little off...
If you look at the sator square gift, the bottom word is rotaG, rather than rotaS. There is no historical evidence/occurrence of the sator square containing the letter "G" in any square. So I'm assuming this is where Nolan puts his own special touch in play. Not sure what the significance of this is yet, but I just thought I'd point it out. Additionally, if you have seen the prologue, notice that the opening shot pans out and you see that the audience in this particular section is in Row G at the Opera house + when JDW goes back out in the audience to dismantle the charges, it appears that they were only planted in one section (maybe Row G?) If Tenet does in fact follow a storyline that is a palindrome, I assume that there will also be some significance here too.
I think it's just a puzzle, there are cubes which contain letter I and H, neither of them are parts of the Rotas square. I'm sure the "G" square has a side with an "S", or maybe another cube has that. Or...it is a possibility there's only one way to solve it, and they got it this way (unsolved), and they have to start it over to have the full square.
yeah that's what I eventually figured out
But my mind would be blown if Nolan or anyone from the team has been able to make another palindrome riddle with the same rules (5 letter words, readable horizontally and vertically, etc), and this little game contains it as well.

Posts: 41
Joined: December 2019
quervo wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 4:55 pm
rotas wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 4:45 pm
quervo wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 1:25 pm

I think it's just a puzzle, there are cubes which contain letter I and H, neither of them are parts of the Rotas square. I'm sure the "G" square has a side with an "S", or maybe another cube has that. Or...it is a possibility there's only one way to solve it, and they got it this way (unsolved), and they have to start it over to have the full square.
yeah that's what I eventually figured out
But my mind would be blown if Nolan or anyone from the team has been able to make another palindrome riddle with the same rules (5 letter words, readable horizontally and vertically, etc), and this little game contains it as well.
yeah! very true, and I don't think we should expect anything less from Nolan. I'm sure that the twist within the palindrome is going to be what defines the movie...just like he played w us in TDKR, Interstellar, Inception, etc. The reveal of the true identity/fate of the main character(s) will be shocking and we won't be expecting it. Gonna be cool to see how he plays with our minds this time...


Posts: 100
Joined: September 2019

Posts: 19663
Joined: June 2012
To record audio so they can shoot more in IMAX :P

Posts: 1174
Joined: September 2014
Nomis wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 2:19 pm
To record audio so they can shoot more in IMAX :P
Imasks? ;)

Posts: 19663
Joined: June 2012
shh that's how Zaddy Nolan calls them on set

Posts: 3518
Joined: June 2010
great pic

Posts: 1071
Joined: July 2011
User of Interest wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 4:03 pm
Nomis wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 2:19 pm
To record audio so they can shoot more in IMAX :P
Imasks? ;)
I was just joking with someone the other day that I'm almost convinced Nolan is constructing stories around the idea of needing masks just so he can record dialogue with them. :lol:

Post Reply