TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Yesterday I was scrolling through the set videos topic to get an idea about the car chase scene. There is a set of videos that made me thinking.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz05LwwlVKz/ Here, the first and second videos are the most interesting. In the first you can see Pattinson's BMW rescuing JDW (dressed as a firefighter), and the camera is very close to them. The second video in my opinion is not another take, it's the next scene, the camera is getting further away from them, and suddenly everything slows down, then the "extra" cars in the opposite lane slowly start to go backwards. I don't think they shot such a short action, and reversing cars are just backing up to their starting position, because the firetruck and the BMW don't stop. So I think whatever happens after JDW jumps in the BMW, they do their time manipulation magic there. Also, it can mean, it is not a sudden action, time slows down to zero, then starts to accelarate.

Hi!!!New member here, big fan of Nolan and his team for like 5 years now (especially his two last movies). Found this forum after the Tenet trailer drop and reading trough some of your speculation/theory i'm shocked nobody talk about this so far:
The Tenet logo keep changing from black to white, JDW is black, Pattinson is white and so far his character is always like 2-3 feet to JDW doing pretty much the same thing(their clothes are similar as well).No way is just a coincidence unless( not seen any leak set footage) you have seen him doing his own thing and being far away from JDW in leak footage or photos. So maybe one of them is a ghost/spirit or the SF element of the movie who can see/reserve time.
Maybe i overthink it but if not sorry for ruining the surprise.
RP was the second cast of the movie and barley see him so far,maybe that's why Nolan trying to hide him.
Last edited by Why So Serious? on December 29th, 2019, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi!!!New member here, big fan of Nolan and his team for like 5 years now (especially his two last movies). Found this forum after the Tenet trailer drop and reading trough some of your speculation/theory i'm shocked nobody talk about this so far:
The Tenet logo keep changing from black to white, JDW is black, Pattinson is white and so far his character is always like 2-3 feet to JDW doing pretty much the same thing(their clothes are similar as well).No way is just a coincidence unless( not seen any leak set footage) you have seen him doing his own thing and being far away from JDW in leak footage or photos. So maybe one of them is a ghost/spirit or the SF element of the movie who can see/reserve time.
RP was the second cast of the movie and barley see him so far,maybe that's why Nolan trying to hide him.

Why So Serious? wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 11:37 am
And the winner today of "reading too much into things" is...

Silfan wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Why So Serious? wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 11:37 am
And the winner today of "reading too much into things" is...
I was thinking that Robert P. is some kind of Conscience, representation or something- Like a mix of what Mal and Ariadne were in Inception - yes those 2 characters were totally different but in the dream word they represented 2 important factors- one wasn't there physically yet shaped the worlds and outcomes while the other helped design the worlds. Robert P always looks like a cool customer without too much emotion in all the scenes of the trailer, even when driving in the end sequence under duress. Whether he is "attached" to JDW or not (ie conscience or some other "thing") I don't know. But we have seen before Nolan likes to play with these types of ideas... Only Time will Tell ...

Pattinson is JDW’s dead husband.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 2:34 pm
Nolan really pushing for that oscar this time.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
i stan our progressive filmmaking queen

Ruth wrote:
December 29th, 2019, 3:58 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
i stan our progressive filmmaking queen
Oscar sweep confirmed !

*Insert pic of Nolan with long blonde hair, a cowboy hat, a skirt and cowboy boots*