TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ace wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 9:42 pm
Heard through the grapevine that Christopher Nolan is currently camped out in the SoCal desert with a crew of ~500 and a fleet of helicopters, burning through a million dollars a day on the finale set pieces for Tenet. I love that he still goes for truly epic filmmaking.
https://twitter.com/deschulz/status/11 ... 04096?s=21
From the Instagram pics/videos we've seen the past few days, I would not doubt the production is close to a million a day.

Ace wrote:
October 28th, 2019, 9:42 pm
Heard through the grapevine that Christopher Nolan is currently camped out in the SoCal desert with a crew of ~500 and a fleet of helicopters, burning through a million dollars a day on the finale set pieces for Tenet. I love that he still goes for truly epic filmmaking.
https://twitter.com/deschulz/status/11 ... 04096?s=21
I mean, the same thing could be said for Nolan's idol Michael Bay.

With this much secrecy, there's no way the film is a straightforward action/thriller. There's definitely a sci-fi/time travel element to it. They're building too much hype to just let people down with a "regular" story. It's something way outside the box and surprising.
I'm still curious to see if this ends up being Inception "2".

Angus wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 11:19 am
With this much secrecy, there's no way the film is a straightforward action/thriller. There's definitely a sci-fi/time travel element to it. They're building too much hype to just let people down with a "regular" story. It's something way outside the box and surprising.
I'm still curious to see if this ends up being Inception "2".
same. everyone here gets triggered when you say that but it's possible. plot could be what would happen if someone (washington) discovered time travel (da vinci code meets bond meets inception). very exciting.

Perhaps a dumb question, but can we assume Nolan/WB will push all possible theaters to project this in 15/70 IMAX?

I know with my local theater there were issues up until a week or two before Dunkirk came out because they hadn't used the projector since his previous movie and needed to get it repaired. I think I remember reading other IMAX theaters that converted to digital didn't even have the film projector anymore.
Last edited by Tangerine on October 30th, 2019, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Pro
Tangerine wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 5:08 pm
Perhaps a dumb question, but can we assume Nolan/WB will push all possible theaters to project this in 15/70 IMAX?

I know with my local theater there were issues up until a week or two before the movie came out because they hadn't used the projector since his previous movie and needed to get it repaired. I think I remember reading other IMAX theaters that converted to digital didn't even have the film projector anymore.
I would be shocked if that wasn’t the case. There will probably be more 70mm screens than 15/70 IMAX though.

I know there are at least four theaters here in Chicago that are still equipped to project film. AMC River East, Gene Siskel, Music Box and Showplace Icon.

Based on what we've seen (or shouldn't have seen 8-)) I have a feeling Tenet won't have a conventional Nolan ending. The climax might have that "feel good/happily ever after/satisfying" vibe to it, but some of these Eagle Mountain photos make it look like the ending (if sources are accurate) might be apocalyptic/dystopian and the film will end with conflict. Screen cuts to black. "Directed by Christopher Nolan", etc.

Collins wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 7:12 pm
I was able to visit the set of #TENET and wow the final set pieces just prove why #ChristopherNolan is one of the best directors in film history
https://twitter.com/ReelCinematics/stat ... 3383548934
Matt
@radewart
4h
Replying to
@ReelCinematics
The one in Eagle Mountain??

ReelCinematics
@ReelCinematics
4h
Nope