TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Griffg63 wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 1:00 pm
Man for a bunch of "Nolan" fans you guys are all pretty negative. Can we just enjoy and celebrate Tenet instead of trying to create some messy production narrative? I mean most of the time I'm on here most of you are complaining instead of getting excited.
Jesus mate, we can speculate upon the negative while still be excited.

Suddenly we are over-analyzing the shooting schedule(!) of an upcoming film, I mean... what do we care? :D We didn't have any information of these things with previous films, and now that we do, it turns out - big surprise - making films comes with a lot of unexpected obstacles. Also, it seems like there's only one source everyone is referring to when posting "news" on the Estonian shoot...

DHOPW42 wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 4:53 pm
Suddenly we are over-analyzing the shooting schedule(!) of an upcoming film, I mean... what do we care? :D We didn't have any information of these things with previous films, and now that we do, it turns out - big surprise - making films comes with a lot of unexpected obstacles. Also, it seems like there's only one source everyone is referring to when posting "news" on the Estonian shoot...
Yeah I take Estonian news with a grain of salt. What we do know for certain, however, is the road closure issue.

Ace
One of the extras talking about his experience on the set.

TENET discussion starts at 10:21:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... o.php&_rdr

• John David Washington was there and Robert Pattinson came in later

He was involved with 1000 extras in a scene and in the second row.

There’s a lot action

“Suspect lots of special effects”

“Lots of thriller-crime stuff”

anikom15 wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 3:23 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 4:53 pm
Yeah I take Estonian news with a grain of salt. What we do know for certain, however, is the road closure issue.
Yeah but even that - did we have any insight into the logistics issues of closing downtown Chicago for a car chase scene back in 2008? No. Were there issues? Did it go down well without a problem? To quote AVGN, 'who knows, who cares'. I know there's literally zero information surfacing about the film itself, so I guess most people are really hungry for some info, but to me these "issues" seem like something that happens with probably every major production, and I don't think I want to read the detailed struggles of a production company. I guess it can be exciting on a factual level, but it seems like people are quick to judge these situations based on that one Estonian source.

külmavana wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 2:50 pm
Collins wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 10:07 am
Many extras don't keep their commitments and the production must find others in emergency.
https://m.rus.delfi.ee/estonia/article.php?id=86592435
What the hell is that CRAP. I am seriously getting pissed of about our local media and how they outrigh lie.

Yes there are bunch of people who decided that this was not for them and did not want to come on other days. But i guess Allfilm was already prepared for this because while i saw new faces i certainly cannot confirm that there were less of us. Not by a long shot.

Also this news claims that shooting begun only 11am today. That is outright total lie. Todays shooting was the earliest shooting off all my other days. It was many hours before 11.

The workdays are hard. Its not a secret anymore that the most of what you do there is sit and be an audience. Big ****** surprise, this was clearly stated in description when people signed up. Also there was a clear warning in the contract that be prepared for the long workhours.

I am so fed up. I just returned from there and reading this crap that estonian media posts. I am tired as hell but still very happy that i was able to be there.
Delfi sinks, külmavana rises! :gonf:

Ace
This is badly translated but I think the article is saying Nolan wants to use one of the city’s trams in the film?
https://elu.ohtuleht.ee/967938/kolakad- ... ivahinnaga

Also another update on the Laagna tee situation.
The City Government will allow Nolan to take a ten-day filming period.
The city administration of Tallinn is offering the producers of director Christopher Nolan's upcoming spy movie, "Tenet," a 10-day period to shoot scenes of the movie along the city's Laagna Road.
"We are aware that the producers are looking for alternatives near Tallinn, which will lessen the effect on Laagna Road," Mayor Mihhail Kõlvart (Centre) was quoted by city spokespeople as saying. "The solution we can offer is a filming period of up to 10 days with temporary traffic disruptions on the basis of a definite schedule on Laagna Road," he added.

Kõlvart also said that in meetings with representatives of Warner Bros., the latter had understood that closing down Laagna Road for a full four weeks is not practically feasible. "We hope that they are ready to accept the terms offered by the city," Kõlvart added.

According to the mayor, traffic has to remain open during the shooting period on Laagna Road on Mondays as well as Tuesdays. On top of that, traffic on the bridges across Laagna Road needs to be open, except for a few minutes whenever helicopters fly across them it must also remain functioning on the Laagna bridges, except for a few minutes for safety reasons during helicopter passes.

The terms offered by the city also include keeping the road open for morning and evening rush hour on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Traffic diversion for longer periods of time are possible only on weekends. Emergency vehicles must be provided passage throughout the period in question, the city insisted.

An understanding was reached also where the closure of Pärnu Highway on June 29-30 is concerned, during which time traffic by public transport will continue throughout, with temporary interruptions for no more than 15 minutes at a time. Traffic at the intersection of Liivalaia and Suur-Ameerika Street may be interrupted for no more than five minutes at a time.
https://www.postimees.ee/6713139/linnav ... teperioodi

Ace
Nolan wants to buy an old tram in Tallinn for TENET, he has a plan and a desire to drive through the tram with a tank.
https://elu.ohtuleht.ee/967938/kolakad- ... ivahinnaga
:eh:
I’ve read the article a few times and I don’t see where she got the part about Nolan planning on using a fucking tank?!
Last edited by Ruth on August 11th, 2019, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed a link to private social media account