TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Collins wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 2:17 am
Knowing that the 16.5M€ in Estonia corresponds to 20 minutes of film and that the production costs in Estonia are low, assuming that the film lasts 3 hours, assuming that each 20 minutes of the film will cost approximately 16.5M€ (I don't count tax aids), we can conclude that the budget will be at least to 16.5 x 9 = 148.5M€ = 166,172 M$.

I think we will be closer to these numbers than the 200 million mentioned in the article.
Never knew post-production was free. Nice!

Willem wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 2:45 pm
ANONIMNIQ wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 2:21 pm
Insomniac wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 1:23 pm

Can we figure out what book this is?
?
Estonian literature. Interesting...
And this writer is not even so famous as his brother Mihkel Raud,who wave written some bestsellers and their father,mother and siblings,who also writers.But anyway i just hope that this Rein Raud´s book makes us famous.

Dobson wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 3:36 am
Collins wrote:
Knowing that the 16.5M€ in Estonia corresponds to 20 minutes of film and that the production costs in Estonia are low, assuming that the film lasts 3 hours, assuming that each 20 minutes of the film will cost approximately 16.5M€ (I don't count tax aids), we can conclude that the budget will be at least to 16.5 x 9 = 148.5M€ = 166,172 M$.

I think we will be closer to these numbers than the 200 million mentioned in the article.
lol and don't forget marketing costs

Are marketing costs part of the $200m budget though?

who knows

Official statement from the Tallinn City Government on road closures: https://news.err.ee/953804/city-governm ... strictions
Tallinn City Government has sent its conditions for road closures ahead of filming on an upcoming Hollywood movie, "Tenet", covering a 24-hour period on the last day of June and primarily affecting Pärnu Highway.

The restrictions also affect some streets adjacent to Pärnu Highway, BNS reports, and the conditions have been sent to Warner Bros., and local representative Allfilm, according to city government spokespersons.

The details are as follows:

- The stretch of Pärnu Highway running from Freedom Square, to Tondi street, will have traffic restrictions placed between 1.00 a.m. on June 29 to midnight on June 30.

- Public transport will continue to run through that time period, with temporary interruptions allowed to a maximum of 15 minutes at a time.

- One traffic lane must remain open to traffic on Parnu Road during the night hours when no film shoots are conducted; that is, from 1 to 6 a.m. and from 11 p.m. to midnight on June 29 and from midnight to 6 a.m. and from 11 p.m. to midnight on June 30.

- Emergency vehicles are to be allowed passage at all times.

- Pedestrian traffic can be halted for up to 15 minutes at a time during filming, on Pärnu highway.

- Traffic at the Liivalaia-Suur-Ameerika intersection can be halted for no more than five minutes at a time.

- Traffic can be halted for up to five minutes at a time at the intersections between Pärnu Highway and Tehnika, Koidu and Vana-Lõuna streets, during the filming period.

- Access to the Vital Statistics Office Pärnu Highway 69 – most commonly known as a marriage registry office – cannot be blocked for longer than stretches of five minutes.

- Exits on to Pärnu Highway from Sakala, Süda, Roosiktrantsi, Hariduse, Tõnismäe, Paide, Magdaleena, Rapla, Luha, Vineeri and Tartari streets are permitted to be closed, with the exception of those headed to the statistics office noted above, if traveling from the Tartari street exit.

The city's transport board stated that the above restrictions are similar to those applied during the reconstruction of Pärnu Highway tram line in 2014.

The closure of streets will require security zones near public transport stops, as well as a comprehensive information plan for public transport passengers.

In addition to this information being provided on announcements and notices, volunteers must be made available at bus stops to inform members of the public about the current restrictions.

No information was given on the situation with Laagna Road, beyond previous reports that traffic restrictions would apply July 10-28, with only Sundays during that time seeing a full closure.

My road is always open for Nolan if you know what I mean ;)

Dobson wrote:
June 19th, 2019, 3:36 am
Collins wrote:

Shit I forgot it, but does it really cost a lot ? The salary of editors, musicians, special effects (knowing that there are few) ...

Yes, post-production is very expensive. CGI only costs millions

-The scenes in Estonia are probably the most expensive. That's why they have so many production problems.
-The expenses in Estonia likely don't take into account the wages, not just for post-production but also for production. Nolan alone is likely 20 millions. And if Debicki or Washington don't cost as much as Bale, Di Caprio or Hathaway, they don't work for free either.
Conclusion: we still have no idea what the budget is (also we don't know how long it is. Yes it takes seven months to shoot, but TDK took more time to shoot than Interstellar, yet is 20 minutes shorter.)