TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Insomniac wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 3:59 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 2:29 pm
In 7 countries, so we have so far Estonia, Italy, India, UK and Norway confirmed, what are the two others ? The United States is probably among them.
I still feel the majority of the film will be in the United States. I mean, you can't shoot an entire movie overseas for half a year when you have four teenage kids who all go to school and shit. I assume they will shoot a lot in Los Angeles in the autumn.
im sure Chris and Emma can hire a nanny or something, or even take the kids with them sometimes, but as a filmmaker, you have to accept that you will have to be away from family, for months even, hence the themes of interstellar, and Chris`s guilt of leaving his children.

"returning home" was a theme in every Nolan movie since Inception lol
(Cobb wanting to return to his kids; Bruce returning to Gotham; Cooper and his kids; the soldiers in Dunkirk)

Nothing really hits polish media, so I can assume that no shooting here. If there will be news I will share.

Dobson wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 7:10 pm
"returning home" was a theme in every Nolan movie since Inception lol
(Cobb wanting to return to his kids; Bruce returning to Gotham; Cooper and his kids; the soldiers in Dunkirk)
Aye, and it’s a very universal human desire and need to return home; especially as you face your mortality. Dunkirk was something else man.

That being said I feel like Nolan will sideswipe us with this one. I’m hoping for full bodied physical IMAX excitement, and mind games. I want to be surprised by the story.

Nomis wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 1:56 pm
well damn

guess the amount of VFX isn't going to be that much considering it has seven months to finish post lol

how much time was Interstellar's post production?
The majority of Interstellar's visual effects were actually done before filming, so that the actors could work in front of actual visuals and not a green screen.

There was new information in government press conference today:
Minister of Culture said that in Estonia 13 locations are used for filming. Some of them is in film related to Estonia, but some are not: Laagna road (this big road with big closing time for filming) is "in Estonia", but Linnahall (old concert hall) and Pärnu maantee (is shown also here - the city road near the Imax cinema) is not shown in film as Estonian places.

And: Nolan plans to spend 16 million euros in Estonia.

Oku
What was the original date planned for Laagna Road filming?

And is a delay in filming now likely?

Forum Pro

Ande wrote:
June 6th, 2019, 6:25 am
There was new information in government press conference today:
Minister of Culture said that in Estonia 13 locations are used for filming. Some of them is in film related to Estonia, but some are not: Laagna road (this big road with big closing time for filming) is "in Estonia", but Linnahall (old concert hall) and Pärnu maantee (is shown also here - the city road near the Imax cinema) is not shown in film as Estonian places.

And: Nolan plans to spend 16 million euros in Estonia.
Damn, 13 locations?! so during the film, the audience will know we're in Estonia. interesting