TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Espionage sounds awesome. Its gotta be really different than Inception though. If it becomes some watered-down version with worse acting, I'll be pretty bummed. Going to be hard to top the Leo/Hardy/JGL combo in that type of genre.
Last edited by cclem on May 22nd, 2019, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nolan going out of his comfort zone with the composer, some unexpected castings, even a weird title. Can't wait to see another epic film that's wholly original on the big screen.

Shame about it being a small scale movie though

Excited by the news this will be an action espionage film. Also intrigued by the notion that this could still be time travel related based on the palindrome title and previous rumours.

A time travel spy film would be a unique and interesting combination for Nolan, particularly given he’s skirted around these themes/subjects with Inception and Interstellar so tackling them directly seems like a natural progression.

I realise John David Washington has already been cast in the lead role and with the latest round of casting confirmation it’s unlikely any more significant additions will be announced, but I think given all the Bond speculation it would be hilarious and fantastic if Idris Elba joined the cast. :D

TENET backwards it's still the same thing

The ocean, human mind, limbo, has no beginning or end, time travel? :oops: :think:

Bacon wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 6:07 pm
Geoffrey wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 5:42 pm
Also, hopefully and more than likely it will be a more "grounded" take on this as opposed to something à la John Wick.
Doubt it.
i mean, it doesn't have to be "Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy" but neither the action/neon extravaganza that is the John Wick saga.

A John le Carré spy narrative by way of the Sci-Fi genre would be incredible.

Te·n·eT = Tempus and Tempus. It's for sure about time continuity.
The 1950s timeline will be connected with the near future timeline.

It's a time-travel based sci-fi spy action thriller for sure.

Angus wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 4:35 pm
I'm definitely thinking of Arrival in terms of the palindrome title here.

There's going to be a "cyclical" nature of time here - events occurring in the past and present simultaneously. Things ending and beginning over and over again.

That 4chan rumor was actually spot on. "Tempus Fugit" was noted as a working title. I bet Kenneth Branagh and Michael Caine are the scientists who discover time travel, and Pattinson and Washington play spies for both the British and American governments who are trying to get hold of the technology first.

Think about it: the military that gets that technology first will be able to control the world and win any war.
We know nothing except the title and that this is a spy film. 4chan told us nothing, Jesus Christ.

Angus wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 4:35 pm
I'm definitely thinking of Arrival in terms of the palindrome title here.

There's going to be a "cyclical" nature of time here - events occurring in the past and present simultaneously. Things ending and beginning over and over again.

That 4chan rumor was actually spot on. "Tempus Fugit" was noted as a working title. I bet Kenneth Branagh and Michael Caine are the scientists who discover time travel, and Pattinson and Washington play spies for both the British and American governments who are trying to get hold of the technology first.

Think about it: the military that gets that technology first will be able to control the world and win any war.
Good stuff, that sounds very much like Nolan.