TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
What will it be guys? Who else thinks the tempus figit stuff could be pretty reliable, they deleted it on 4 chan, maybe and just maybe nolan was behind that+ the cast is absolutely not just these three guys, who else is gonna be cast? I hope Tom Hardy and Cillian Murhpy but I feel like they will cast only michael caine and no other prevouis guy

Let’s speculate petty reasons critics will hate this film!

anikom15 wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 12:09 pm
Let’s speculate petty reasons critics will hate this film!
Exposition.

Nolan is post-exposition. Hopefully anyway.

Insomniac wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 2:39 pm
3 of his past 4 films had issues with it.

Bacon wrote:
April 19th, 2019, 2:40 pm
Insomniac wrote:
3 of his past 4 films had issues with it.
Maybe, but...

I don't really see why his views here would have changed. If there was ever a time for our boy Christopher to try to combine one of his more high concept ideas with the minimal of exposition and hand-holding of Dunkirk it is now.

Unpopular opinion: there is nothing wrong with exposition.

Interstellar had a perfect moment to say less when they wake him from his long nap.

Mind the strikethrough portion when first reading it, but I would have loved if these two lines were removed from this scene:

I don't know if this is exposition or what, but let people figure this out on their own. I was thinking "Lazarus" the moment that he started choking on water upon his wake. These lines weren't needed. A nice little break in exchanging glances is nice for the audience to process that on their own, and those who aren't told may either be told by others much later, or they never find out at all I guess. That's how symbolism works sometimes.

Anyway, I'm done lol.

So:

01. Nolan is writer, producer and director.
02. Emma Thomas is producer (I think...? [It doesn't say so on IMDb]).
03. The confirmed cast (so far) is John David Washington, Robert Pattinson and Elizabeth Debicki.
04. The editor is Jennifer Lame.
05. The sound designer is Richard King.
06. The distributor is Warner Bros.
07. The production company is Syncopy.

Insomniac wrote:
It depends on the story.

It's looks like he's gonna do another high concept Sci-Fi movie, it means it will HAVE to be loaded with exposition.

I never understood why people hate it so much. It's not like the exposition is about some Court case or love affair. When you come to see scifi, you come to see ideas. exposition is fun if the story gives you a new concept.