TENET - General Information

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Imaginatio wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 6:08 pm
yogamble wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 12:11 pm
Anybody here think maybe a Joseph Gordon-Levitt Robin or Nightwing movie?
I don't mean to stray too far off topic here, but Nolan will probably never work with Joseph-Gordon Levitt again. During the production of Inception, there were inside murmurings that Levitt was occasionally annoying Nolan on set in terms of not always being punctual, not always being respectful and sometimes being a bit of a drama queen. Supposedly these were very minor issues though, and for the most part Levitt was solid for Inception's production. So Nolan cast Levitt again in The Dark Knight Rises after Inception. During production of The Dark Knight Rises, inside murmurings leaked out that Levitt's professionalism on set got much worse. Nolan was supposedly disappointed and mad with Levitt often on set of The Dark Knight Rises.

I don't have links for this stuff. It was all inside murmurings years ago. Since then, Levitt hasn't been cast in any Nolan film. Also look at Levitt's career; he hasn't been cast in a major blockbuster, or even had a major box office hit since 2012. 2012 being the year The Dark Knight Rises came out. Levitt also starred in a couple of other fairly major films in 2012, but since then nothing of note or significance. Whether one believes it or not...those were the murmurings from back in the day.
This is such BS lol. Nolan commented on how professional Levitt was in the filming of Inception and how he handled the rotating hallway scene like a total pro and never once complained. Before TDKR Nolan and his wife invited Levitt over for dinner at their home. Nolan considers him a good friend and offered the TDKR role to him during that dinner at their home.

lynchfan wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 11:43 pm

This is such BS lol. Nolan commented on how professional Levitt was in the filming of Inception and how he handled the rotating hallway scene like a total pro and never once complained. Before TDKR Nolan and his wife invited Levitt over for dinner at their home. Nolan considers him a good friend and offered the TDKR role to him during that dinner at their home.
I'm just passing on what I heard, that's all. I personally believe it, but others are free to do as they may.

What you say doesn't really contradict the murmurings, as Levitt and Nolan were solid before The Dark Knight Rises. It was during production of The Dark Knight Rises that Levitt supposedly fell out of favor. If Nolan casts Levitt in a future movie then yes these murmurings would prove to be incorrect.

Imaginatio wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 11:49 pm
lynchfan wrote:

I'm just passing on what I heard, that's all. I personally believe it, but others are free to do as they may.

What you say doesn't really contradict the murmurings, as Levitt and Nolan were solid before The Dark Knight Rises. It was during production of The Dark Knight Rises that Levitt supposedly fell out of favor. If Nolan casts Levitt in a future movie then yes these murmurings would prove to be incorrect.
It makes zero sense. Why would Nolan and his wife be good friends with him and invite him over for dinner if he behaved badly? Also, Nolan publicly praised him for his work on both Inception and TDKR. It directly contradicts reality. But it is the internet, so you definitely are entitled to spread and believe in BS.

lynchfan wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 11:52 pm

It makes zero sense. Why would Nolan and his wife be good friends with him and invite him over for dinner if he behaved badly? Also, Nolan publicly praised him for his work on both Inception and TDKR. It directly contradicts reality. But it is the internet, so you definitely are entitled to spread and believe in BS.
There is something in many industries, including the movie industry, called professionalism. Utmost professionals will publicly offer praise even to a person they didn't get along with privately. This is definitely a thing. Is it applicable in this case to Nolan and Levitt? Who knows for sure, but as a concept this exists.

If you want to engage though in personal attacks instead of mature discussion then I have no interest in discussing anything with you further. My posts stand as they are.

Imaginatio wrote:
lynchfan wrote:

Where did you hear it?

Also when JGL directed his film "Don Jon" he spoke about how he received a lot of advice from Nolan and he even gave him a "special thanks" credit on that, this was after TDKR

Darth Nata wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 12:43 am
Where did you hear it?

Also when JGL directed his film "Don Jon" he spoke about how he received a lot of advice from Nolan and he even gave him a "special thanks" credit on that, this was after TDKR
As mentioned in a previous post, I don't remember exactly (unfortunately). If I did I would have said exactly where.

Fair enough. Anyways probably best to move on from this.

Regarding Nolan's 2020 film, I wonder how long Nolan has been secretly in pre-production? We know he was writing the script for quite a while.

Angus wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 11:12 am
Again, what else is there to talk about? There's nothing to say about an Unitled Unknown Event Film. We know nothing. It's fun to speculate on things we're familiar with, even if we're all wrong.

I don't understand - is the board just supposed to be inactive until we know what the film is?
The forum doesn't have to be dead, we can still speculate. But when everybody and their grandma knows that Nolan's next will be an original, there's no point in discussing random IPs.

We can talk about genres and what sort of stories we would like to see Nolan tackle. We might even use IPs as examples of what sort of story we would like him to tell. But that's about it.

This is the real next film by Nolan (a prequel):

Darth Nata wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 12:43 am
Imaginatio wrote:
lynchfan wrote:

Where did you hear it?

To be fair I heard about this as well, I'm not entirely sure where it came from but the rumours were fairly strong, and this sort of stuff doesn't usually pop up anywhere for a Nolan film, so it must have come out of something, that being said theres nothing to really substantiate or debunk it really. It's just an odd story that made the rounds.

Although now you mention it, JGL hasn't really been cast in too much recently.

JGL is cast in the newest Aaron Sorkin movie right?